Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys, I need your help!

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Guys,

I am down to the wire here with nowhere else to turn! I am working on a thesis feature article concerning the history of C-47 pilots in the Burma theatre of
operations during World War II. I need to find some sources for this article! Do any of you know where I can contact C-47 veterans, current pilots of the restored aircraft, historians, professors, ANYONE?!

All I have is my primary source, and I have been unable to find real links with other sources, veteran or current.

Thanks for any help guys,
Mike

Sergei

Gone Home
Mike,
If you go to this link:
http://www.douglasdc3.com/

Go towards the bottom of the page. You will see C-47 Pilot stories. You will at least get some names of Pilots. I believe the guy, Sarge - the author, was a C-47 pilot and will know more pilots.

BTW, the above is a neat site:
00flower.jpg

-S

Sergei

Gone Home
Also Mike, call Flight Suits. Dave Marshall is there every Tuesday, Wed, Thursday. He may know some C-47 pilots. In fact I would be surprised if he wouldn't be able to help. A lot of his jacket patches were researched from that era.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Dave is back at Flightsuits. That's great! Mike, let us know if you find what you're looking for (sorry I don't have info to offer, but I can offer moral support).

Sergei

Gone Home
Better post about Flight Suits before the rumors get out of control. Yes, Dave is back at FS. He was slowly brought on last fall part time for one day a week. Now he is up to 3 days per week. He strictly works on patches. He works there Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Although he technically is not involved with jackets like he used to, he does intervene and try to help.

FS is still in business. Jim the owner is still there, but his son has taken over most parts of the company. Jim is having health problems (pacemaker) and junior has taken over. The main things that junior has done is concentrated on the commercial jacket business - the airlines. He has cut back on the customization's. Reason? Yes, there were people that were severely abusing the Gibson & Barnes return policy - which was causing the "clearance rack" to fill up. The only sell jackets from hides that are published in their catalog. Their jackets are still high quality. I know that there are a few people that have switched doing business with them. But if you wear right off the rack jackets, you will not be disappointed.

I hope this clears things up...

-Sergei

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24