Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hackett of London Gentleman's tweed jacket (size 42)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Now listed on The Bay.

(I do prefer to offer items 'firstly' here, before going near the online auctions, but sadly there have been no takers, as this is a humdinger of a jacket).

This is from Hackett's from last year (autumn/winter) and is just stunning, the sort of piece I'd imagine that classy dresser, Edward VIII wearing in the 30's.
The jacket was originally bought for £399 (UK Sterling) or ($712 US).
Due to my losing quite a bit of weight the jacket has hardly been worn, as it just hangs off me! It's a UK size 42" Long, and is beautiful in an all wool tweed of subtle blue and green mottled background and a rust red and deep apricot check running over it. I think the tweed was called the Chatsworth (after Churchill's family home).
It has a beautiful olive green satiny lining with inner ticket and wallet pockets.
The outer pocket has an inner change or key pocket stitched in.
Single vent to the back and waist is slim fitted (so it tapers into the waist slightly) to flatter the gentleman's figure.
Cuff buttons, as per a high calibre gent's jacket, are fully functional (they work!) with the end of the sleeves cut at an angle. This jacket exudes old fashioned quality.
I'm taking a major loss on this tailored beauty, but frankly it's just collecting dust, as a size 40" does me now (and I've got another Bertie Woosterish Hackett jacket in 40" now, as seen at The Old Fedorians London Dinner! which makes me look a rather dapper chappy!).
If there are no takers here, then it goes onto the Bay.
But, I believe in offering you chaps first at a realistic price. This is an A1 jacket that bought at a Hackett's Gentlemen's outfitters in London would cost £399!
I don't believe in fleecing folk and realise I'm taking the loss, so I'm only asking £150 ($268 US) for a top drawer English Gentleman's jacket.Accept PayPal or cheque in the UK

Can email me at: paddy_middleton@hotmail.com

HACKETT WEBSITE

Pics go follow ASAP

HACKETT001.jpg

HACKETT002.jpg

HACKETT003.jpg

HACKETT004.jpg

HACKETT005.jpg

HACKETT006.jpg

HACKETT007.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sadly, have had to take this to The Bay...

I do like to give my pals on the Lounge first crack at the whip or bite of the cherry! As, to be honest, I just don't like the impersonal aspect of online haggling. Anyway, as I've left it here for a few weeks, and no one has bitten, it's now up on

HACKETT GENT'S JACKET ON THE BAY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112