Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Had to post this coat

Wild Root

Gone Home
Maybe JP could use another top coat! :p

That's a killer coat! I have one kind of like it but it's wool. Any way, I saw a really cool single breasted one at the vintage expo that was dark blue with light blue windowpane! Dated 1941 in the pocket too! Nice warm coat and it was long enough but, it could have been a triple breasted on me! Big coat!!!

Any way, hope some one gets it!

WR.

PS. Next time you post an ebay auction, post it under classifieds.

Sin Khan

Familiar Face
I am glad that you posted this coat because I am investigating what all it would take to create one of my one on a regular sewing machine. I recently bought two tailoring books about suits and jackets. While neither book explains coats, they both mention that the process is the same. One book even says that the process of making a suit jacket and an overcoat is virtually identical.

The traditional mens tailoring book only lists how to build a suit using over 70 percent hand sewing techniques, while the other book explains that different ways of creating the same structure using 100 percent sewing machine techniques. I have 2 navy peacoat from my stint with the Navy, I thought of tearing one up so that I can duplicate a pattern from which to start from. An overcoat is rather a simpler version of a suit jacket. It has the shoulder pads, the outer layer, the inner layer, and then the inner lining. All that is needed is the pattern, the method of constructing a suit jacket, as listed in the books, will be the same for an overcoat as it is for a suit jacket, minus all the close fitting measurements.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Man that is sweet, it looks like something from the Godfather or what a Don would wear. My dad has a similar camel hair one, that is single breasted though and more yellow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner