Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Dye Stain Question

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Since I'm impatient I want to dye my hair now but I don't have vaseline to protect my hairline. Know of any other home solutions? I almost put arnica or vix... but I don't want to risk some chemical reaction. Knowing my luck. Would olive oil work?

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Conditioner will usually suck in whatever you put on it. I guess that's how it moisturizes your hair. I just went about it... stained and scrubbed with some dish soap. most of it is gone. hahah. But thanks ladies!

crwritt

One Too Many
Mt hairdresser always used Queen Helene Cholesterol. I heard that if you mixed some cigarette ashes with a little conditioner, it removes hair dye from your skin. Doesn't ashes plus water make Lye?

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
My Mum use to use chlorine bleach to get the dye stains off my skin- yes really!- and once she rubbed so hard she wore a hole in my skin and i had a big old nasty scab on the side of my face.

I have really fine fluff on my forehaed and once I wasn't careful enough and it got dyed so i had to shave my forehead.......

I have more of these... someone shut me up...

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
crwritt said:
Mt hairdresser always used Queen Helene Cholesterol. I heard that if you mixed some cigarette ashes with a little conditioner, it removes hair dye from your skin. Doesn't ashes plus water make Lye?

Yep, it's why women always found that their clothes got cleaner when they washed them downriver from the funeral pyres. Sick, huh? Gotta love history :D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I've had good luck using plain ol rubbing alcohol. You may not want to use it on your face, but acetone polish remover will also work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy