Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Styles for hot humid weather?

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
Hi there-

I know Lisa Freemont Street did a tutoial on a ponytail and I'm going to try that out. What else can I do in this humidity?

Husband and I are going to a wine festival this weekend it's going to be 88F and humid. I have very fine hair that doesn't like to hold a curl. What would you suggest to hold the curls? The last time I did a wet set and slept in it and it drooped to wavy with in a few hours but I was okay with it in the end.

Thanks for any advice! :)

I<3Tiki

New in Town
My go-to styles for those days are either a ponytail, a snood, or those bow barrette's that have the bun nets on the bottom of them. If you want to put the effort in, you could also do some rolls in the front with either the snood or the barrette, but I usually just do my bangs - either pinned back & poofed up or I roll them backwards with a sponge roller at night (wet) & then work the curl over to the right in the morning & pin it & spray it. I've been using Freeze It Freeze Frame Mega Freeze hairspray & it works pretty good in the humidity. Adds shine too! With that stuff, my bang curl has lasted through a day at that beach & all the rides at Disney!. I wouldn't want to use it to hold all over curls in long hair though - it's too stiff for that.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
You should check out the thread on "Lazy Hairstyle Days" - http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=19932. This thread may give you some ideas for things you can do that will handle humidity well.

We can all give you plenty of solutions for getting your hair to hold a curl - just take a look through the Beauty forum, there are TONS of threads about this. Most gals will suggest setting lotion, playing with wet sets vs dry sets, playing with setting time, roller type, etc. To be completely honest, there is no magic bullet here, and there is no one answer that we can tell you will work with your hair. You need to take the time to play and find what works for you, and I'm not sure between now and this weekend is the right kind of time frame to make that happen. You need to figure out how to get your hair to hold a set first, before you can add in the elements of heat and humidity!

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a full set and all that jazz - it's a wine festival, after all. I'd look for a nice, easy style in the aforementioned thread, so you can get the vintage look you want while saving yourself some trouble.

EDIT: I won't even consider wearing my hair down if it's humid out - it's a completely futile endeavor. I will choose an updo and pin and spray every curl to within an inch of its life. Last time I did this, I used 25 bobby pins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy