Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair troubles

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Inspired

Oscar, your experiment gave me some of the terminology I needed. Last Tuesday I asked my hair cut lady for a new style and finally, after trying to get what I wanted from her for three years, she nailed it exactly. I now have the forties hair I've wanted.

AND I have been trying brilliantine pomade from American Crew this week and it works like a charm. Good hold, not greasy. Depp Pomade to get it where I want it, then a TINY bit of the Crew stuff to finish it off.

Thanks Oscar!

drownman

New in Town
Hair rising

Hello all.
I think the results in the later pics are an improvement. On the issue of your hair rising up. I wonder how often you clean your hair, using shampoo? From experience, I can say that the dirtier the hair, the heavier it gets, and thereby stays closer to the head. It's also easier to arrange, in my opinion. My hair gets cleaned once per month, when I go to my barber. I understand if this is not for everyone, but it works for me :) I add fresh pomade every morning, and use a harder wax (Murray's) on the sides and parting.
I have three main hair styles that I alter between, depending on mood and style, and my hair follows my whims without fuzz, which I also credit to the...accumulated goo.

FredDairy

Familiar Face
drownman said:
Hello all.
I think the results in the later pics are an improvement. On the issue of your hair rising up. I wonder how often you clean your hair, using shampoo? From experience, I can say that the dirtier the hair, the heavier it gets, and thereby stays closer to the head. It's also easier to arrange, in my opinion. My hair gets cleaned once per month, when I go to my barber. I understand if this is not for everyone, but it works for me :) I add fresh pomade every morning, and use a harder wax (Murray's) on the sides and parting.
I have three main hair styles that I alter between, depending on mood and style, and my hair follows my whims without fuzz, which I also credit to the...accumulated goo.

Wow that's something.... washing your hair every 30 days.
But this is how it used to be I guess. The longest I'll go is about 3 days without cleaning all the pomade out, but it looks better on day #2 or #3, and I think you gotta let your scalp breath sometime, but at the same time washing it every day is probably just as harmful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy