Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hand washing suits.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Doran said:
Yes, I'm not sure what to try in the "handwash" cycle. Any advice from y'all? I will be happy to try a (not-deluxe) item if an argument can be made. A jacket sounds like a good idea. Is that the best item to start with?

Front-loading or top-loading? I'm assuming front-loading; they're said to be gentler on clothes because they toss the clothes & water, instead of using "blades" to twist everything around (there's probably a name for them, but I don't know it). I don't know if I'd use any sort of washing machine cycle with wool - it's the agitation, as well as sudden temperature changes, that makes it felt up. Anything other than wool - you're probably safe. Again, as long as it's a front-loading washer.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShoreRoadLady said:
Front-loading or top-loading? I'm assuming front-loading; they're said to be gentler on clothes because they toss the clothes & water, instead of using "blades" to twist everything around (there's probably a name for them, but I don't know it). I don't know if I'd use any sort of washing machine cycle with wool - it's the agitation, as well as sudden temperature changes, that makes it felt up. Anything other than wool - you're probably safe. Again, as long as it's a front-loading washer.

It's a top loader. But I don't think temperature changes will be an issue as you can set it for COLD WASH, COLD RINSE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21