Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanger for leather jacket

David Reza

New in Town
Hi! I just want to know if you could recommend me what hanger should I use for my leather jacket. Is there something that it's better and something that should avoid? Let me know if you have some recommendations for me.

Thanks!

BGR

New in Town
Hi, David: I've been using the Luxury Wooden Jacket Hanger from www.kirbyallison.com for my leather jackets. I have a couple of Indiana Jones jackets, a vintage leather A-2 and an Aero Happy Days jacket. I wanted to use hangers that did not distort the shoulders, and these hangers are excellent! They are available in different widths and finishes and are well worth the investment. Cheers.

Men's Wooden Jacket Hangers - Kirby Allison

David Reza

New in Town
Hi, David: I've been using the Luxury Wooden Jacket Hanger from www.kirbyallison.com for my leather jackets. I have a couple of Indiana Jones jackets, a vintage leather A-2 and an Aero Happy Days jacket. I wanted to use hangers that did not distort the shoulders, and these hangers are excellent! They are available in different widths and finishes and are well worth the investment. Cheers.

Men's Wooden Jacket Hangers - Kirby Allison
Awesome! Thank you very much

I’ve been doing this with great success:
884C1FA3-F4D6-4930-BBB2-64CA4288152E.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think most suit hangers will work, better method is just try one first start from the what easily and cheaply available locally who knows you find your perfect hanger on first try, sometime just by hanging another piece of clothes from softer material not sensitive to creasing like denim jacket or hoodies or vest under your leather jacket will already solve hanger issues. while that foam pool noodle above method works but man... is it eye pokingly ugly if hanging empty :confused: no wonder people are buying replacement jackets just for the sake to keep them covered all the time.:D:D

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I bought 8 of these at our local Bed Bath & Beyond when they were on clearance (earlier model) It was around 25% of the price you see here. Each one weights ~ 2 lbs by itself

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...black-hardware/5565523?keyword=wooden-hangers

Nice find. I got something similar at my local .99 independent store. Case for 10 was 8 dollars. Same exact one but with the chrome instead of the black accents. I regret not buying more cases. Took 3 cases and need more. I am doubling each hanger with a thinner jacket followed by a bulkier jacket on top of the thin one. Save me closet space and hangers. However, make sure you have a strong rod to hold your jackets. Not nice when the rods break. LOL.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
X3 on the Kirby Allison hangers.

The different widths really make a difference. Especially on some of my wife’s thinner leather jackets.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I think Photo2u's point about rods & closet fittings should be re-iterated.

I've been slowly re-fitting my closets, and updating the fittings/fasteners and insuring that the rods connect into wall studs, as well as the supports used along each rod. I chose heavy-duty stainless steel rods, however I found an issue with these. The Stainless (brushed steel) rods look great when installed, however you cannot use any type of metal-hook hanger on these, or they scratch up. They are fine with plastic hangers, however all the heavier suit/jacket hangers I have found use a steel hook. I does not lessen the strength of the clothes rod, but it does not look as nice in short order.

Here is a photo of what occurs...
IMG_9044.JPG

So I recommend a painted steel or wooden rod instead of brushed stainless steel.

Last edited:

dwilson

A-List Customer
Also this is only something you'd find out with experience of doing it but the hangers I linked above from Amazon do not fit into moving wardrobe boxes correctly. The wardrobe box has a much wider metal rod for hanging things so all my clothes on plastic hangers were peachy but everything on wooden hangers didn't work out. Luckily I was only moving 50 miles or so and I just drove my leather jackets in my car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff