Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Day!

HeyMoe

Practically Family
I just taught my oldest son to shave!

I gave him the option of using canned cream and a disposable razor or wet shaving. He opted for the wet shaving and started off with a Gillette Slim Twist (T-4) and didn't like it. He asked if he could try a "heavier" razor. So he moved on to new (to me) Gillette Goodwill Style 160 DE razor that I picked up today at an antique shop. It's gold plated and looks like this one:

goodwill-160.jpg

So he is now a proud owner of a new (to him) Gillette Goodwill Style 160 gold plated razor and a badger hair brush. He and I need to go out and find a good mug now :)

Anyway he is already looking forward to the next shave:eusa_clap:cool2:

Big_e

Practically Family
Way to go! He made a good choice. I remember my dad teaching me to shave. He gave me my very own MachIII razor and a can of shave cream. He said that he thought that DE razors and blades were gonna become obsolete eventualy and decided to teach me on something modern.
I soon stored away my MachIII and began using a spare Gillette SuperSpeed of his and bought my own boar bristle brush.
I still have the SuperSpeed and use it once in awhile for fast shaves and still prefer boar bristle over badger. I've started using a straight blade, I think he would've been suprised about that. I have a pack of DE blades for my SuperSpeed that's about 6 years old now.
Ernest

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
I'm going to learn to use my dads straight razor. He doesn't use it very often, and i hate to see it just sit around.

Wolfe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy