Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Drunk/Mean Drunk

Are you a happy drunk or mean drunk

• Happy drunk - I love the world when I'm tight

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Mean drunk - Don't cross my path

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
Anybody remember "The Museum of Annoying Drunks"? lol

(ETA: I'm not saying that specifically about anyone here...just that everyone's descriptions brought that sketch to mind!)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
A happily mean drunk:

-----------------------
img41bdc703c0e10.jpg

hargist

One of the Regulars
Doh! said:
Well, some of us don't need alcohol in order to have a good time.

Correction: Some of them don't need alcohol in order to have a good time. Me? I LOVE the stuff. Luckily, I'm a happy drunk but do know some less-than-happy drinkers.

I can vouch for that. You are a happy drunk. Speaking of which, same time and place for happy hour tomorrow?

Doh!

One Too Many
I'd love to, but a coworker snagged some Spider-Man 3 tickets so I'll be in Westwood at the appointed hour. How's the weekend look?

lindylady

A-List Customer
Definitely a happy drunk. At first, I'm quiet and mellow, but once the liquor starts kicking in, I'm giggling and in such a good mood. It's on the very rare occasion that I allow myself to reach that level of inebriation, but friends have told me of my silly escapades.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I was posting on another thread and had a flash back. Previously I had stated that I had never been drunk. I need to correct that. 2 years ago when I finished the IBEW Apprenticeship JW exam a bunch of classmates and I went out to :eek: a naughty place and had many many drinks and I got very very drunk. We were drinking for about 24 hours. Even though I was not drinking as much as the rest of them, considering the fact that only 2 other were females and the rest were guys, I was diffenately drunk and a very happy drunk. I was making friends with every body, and friendly with everybody. This from the girl who doesn't talk much to people she doesn't know. lol

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
a happy drunk by far!
I mangle up shakespear something fierce though
and become somewhat philosophical
"alas hormatio i knowed him yorick a fine fella yep"

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Does "currently" count for anything?

Mostly daddy is a happy drunk.

Never mean, no no no, never......:p

What's the use of getting "tight" if you're always uptight?

Loose as a goose is the way to go.

(yes, I have been drinking, but I'm at home, the kids are at grandma's, and the missus will be home eventually....:eek: )

To those who celebrate, happy cinco de mayo!! I may have to get a sombrero in honor of the occasion lol

be good, don't drink and drive.

dv

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
I'm neither, I'm a quiet drunk.

Whereas some people may be the life of a party, for good or bad, I'm more likely to sit in a corner contemplating the wallpaper and the curtains when I'm drunk. I'm not a sad drunk, just not a very lively one.

koopkooper

Practically Family
Whaaat do ya mean drunk! Why I oughta punch yer lights out ya bum!

Na just kiddin, happy and life of the party and generally not afraid to bring up edgy and controversial topics along with plenty of funny stories.
I prefer not to drink heavily at clubs/pubs more likely to go hard at a party or dinner where it's a bit safer and easier to get home.
Generally when out I prefer to take it slow as it's easy to get into trouble.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
After two, I'm great company. I sing, crack wise, flatter and flirt.
After four, I turn caustic, callous, and loud. I begin to embarrass myself and others. Luckily (or unluckily), I seldom remember much about this phase.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
After two, I'm great company. I sing, crack wise, flatter and flirt.
After four, I turn caustic, callous, and loud. I begin to embarrass myself and others. Luckily (or unluckily), I seldom remember much about this phase.

*makes a bartending note: Only let Fletch have two.....then after another 4 hours one additional drink if he stops being social *

A Tradition for Vikings

Important items for the horde was discussed twice:
once sober and a second time drunk.

Why? Because they knew that any second thoughts, misgivings or bad blood would come out during the drunk discussion. They did not want anybody holding back and then getting pissed off later.

Alcohol Veritas!

oswulf

New in Town
I think I've pretty much outgrown that particular phase in my life, for the most part. Nowadays maybe once or twice a year I'll get a bit tight.

Too bad in some ways, I remember vividly that I became waaaay more intelligent when I was drunk, and willing to prove it to anyone, though in a happy way. In other words I didn't start the fight, but I probably egged the mean drunk into it with my brilliant wit.

oswulf

New in Town
DavidVillaJr said:
To those who celebrate, happy cinco de mayo!! I may have to get a sombrero in honor of the occasion lol
dv

Heard on Leno last night that cinco de Mayo means they outnumber us five to one.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
For me, tequila is the bad juice. Beyond that I tend towards happy, garrulous and inclined to hope that the rest of the world is having as much fun as me.

Travis

Suspended
I didn't vote because it's not so black and white for me. Most of the time, when I'm drunk, I'm the happiest guy in the world, but if I'm angry or depressed or upset, and I get drunk, it's not a pretty site at all. I think it all depends on the mood. I've pretty much learned to only drink when I know it will be a good thing to do these days though.

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
The poll didn't offer an option that applies to me: sad drunk. If anything, I become more serious and introverted after drinking, so I don't. [huh]

I guess I've been a happy drunk at times in the past, but I haven't had anything more than a glass of wine with dinner for a long time.

ETA: Oh, and accident-prone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou