Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hard to find a size 34 A-2

Jwag

One of the Regulars
Hello, I'm new on here. I'm really wanting to get a nice WWII syle A-2 (When I have the money to do so). I have settled for U.S. Authentic, as the prices are fair, and I'm not too into detail. I already have a kind of cheap goatskin modern A-2, and I like it, but It just does not fit as I wanted...It is a small, and is still a little baggy looking. So, a few questions for you experienced people. First what leather do you recommend? I like the smooth look of horsehide, and like the look when it is broken in, but it seems that sometimes it gets too cracked looking after a while. And, goatskin stays almost too new looking. I emailed US Authentic, and asked for a sample of the medium brown goat, and the russet horse. Also, I am a small guy. I'm 5'4" and at most 125 lbs. So Shaul says I need a custom size 34S. Thats almost $100 more, for less. So, I really don't know. I'm a little stumped.

Thanks, I am learning alot on this website.

Wow, great find.

Looking at the LW sale site, there are some really funky (like WTF) coats.

Yeah, agreed. I guess there are many styles and eras I'm not familiar with to "get it" but it's cool someone does. I just wish they all weren't so small. Maybe that's the Japanese market that buys those retro looks?
Anyway, if you find one cheap like that A2, gotta jump! If that were my size, it'd been gone in a flash!

Anders

One of the Regulars
I'll add a recommendation for that Lost Worlds jacket, as I bought one from the same batch awhile back and am quite pleased with it.

I would caution you that it might end up a bit long in the sleeves/body as my size 34 fits my 6' self pretty well. There seems to be a little inconsistency in LW sizing as the size 34 Ryder I got from the same sale page has much shorter sleeves.

Jwag

One of the Regulars
I have not ordered it yet...but I want to soo bad. You see, there are no returns on the sale items, and I must be sure it will fit. Also, I love to buy stuff....but hate to spend money. It's hard for me to break a twenty sometimes lol. I have enough to buy 3 of them, but I'm waiting on getting a good job(soon) so when I do buy it, I will still have a good amount of money left in the bank. It looks like such a beautiful jacket...I seem to have caught the "bug" in A-2 jackets. I have a cheapo A-2(made by Landing Leathers of CHINA)...and It fits well, and is made okay, but I must have something more authentic, and American made. I will try to grab this offer as soon as I can. Regarding sleeve length, my sleeve length from the middle of my upper back to my wrist is approx 32".

too much coffee

Practically Family
I have not ordered it yet...but I want to soo bad. You see, there are no returns on the sale items, and I must be sure it will fit. Also, I love to buy stuff....but hate to spend money. It's hard for me to break a twenty sometimes lol. I have enough to buy 3 of them, but I'm waiting on getting a good job(soon) so when I do buy it, I will still have a good amount of money left in the bank. It looks like such a beautiful jacket...I seem to have caught the "bug" in A-2 jackets. I have a cheapo A-2(made by Landing Leathers of CHINA)...and It fits well, and is made okay, but I must have something more authentic, and American made. I will try to grab this offer as soon as I can. Regarding sleeve length, my sleeve length from the middle of my upper back to my wrist is approx 32".

If it doesn't fit, put it on the 'Bay for more than you paid.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I bought a size 40 Ryder off the LW sale page. I was concerned as I often need shorter sleeves. Stuart assured me he could shorten the sleeves for $50 or $75 (can't remember which), but it turned out the sleeves were perfect. Even if you had to pay to have the sleeves shortened, it would still be quite a value. It's $350 because it is a size 34; if it were sized 40-44, it wouldn't be on sale.

Anders

One of the Regulars
Actually a 32" sleeve sounds about right. I measured my jacket at 31" to the edge of the leather and just over 33" to the edge of the knit cuffs. What with the sleeve naturally wrinkling and the cuff folding in on itself I bet it wouldn't seem too long at all.

Tadite

Familiar Face
Great! If you could post the measurements I'd appreciate it. I've been thinking of buying one for a friend. Sight unseen is a little scary.

Jwag

One of the Regulars
Great! If you could post the measurements I'd appreciate it. I've been thinking of buying one for a friend. Sight unseen is a little scary.

I don't know much about measuring a jacket, but here is the way I did it, and what it measures.

Pit to pit- Approx 18 1/2"
Sleeve(Mid shoulder to end of cuff)-Approx 33"
Total Back length from top of collar to end of waistband- Approx 25"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner