Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harrod's of London stripe dress pant

CINDERWOLF

New in Town
maybe i should be a little more specific with my questions: what I am curious to know is how old these pants are, and where in fashion would they fit? the stripes running down the side are what I am confused with, were they part of some sort of uniform? Would these have been a costly pair of pants in their day? are they even really very old?

Qadain

New in Town
It looks like a pair of trousers that went with a tailcoat. The two braids covering up the side seams of the trousers are found on a white tie ensemble.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
CINDERWOLF said:
I thought that might be the case, thank you. As far as age, i guess they could be relatively recent?

As Qadain said, they are formal trousers, possibly to be worn with tails.

About the age, I would say they are rather old, not recent. Probably 1930s-1940s era, though I'm no expert. However, the braces that came with them are pretty old so that is a good sign.

Better pictures and someone better informed will be needed to date them more accurately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner