Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anybody seen ____ around Lately?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the thought. Been super-busy. Also, I am dealing with inner-conflict and indecision regarding the direction of my jacket collection/addiction. I rarely wear my leather jackets. Nevertheless, I hate to sell any. To make matters worse, I am loving an about-to-be-released jacket that I really do not need and will rarely wear if I succumb and buy it. It is insane for me to buy another jacket that will gather dust . . . but I really dig it . . . but it will gather dust. Indecision paralysis. And, an alcoholic should not hang out in a bar when deciding whether to consume more or less alcohol.

It´s a hobby. No need to look at it from a "rational" perspective only. I bet most stamp-collectors don´t look at ALL their stamps, ALL the time. As long as it´s fun and makes you smile occasionally all is good.

Tell you what: Really happy that this is the reason for your low-profile lately! Good that you´re doing well!

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the thought. Been super-busy. Also, I am dealing with inner-conflict and indecision regarding the direction of my jacket collection/addiction. I rarely wear my leather jackets. Nevertheless, I hate to sell any. To make matters worse, I am loving an about-to-be-released jacket that I really do not need and will rarely wear if I succumb and buy it. It is insane for me to buy another jacket that will gather dust . . . but I really dig it . . . but it will gather dust. Indecision paralysis. And, an alcoholic should not hang out in a bar when deciding whether to consume more or less alcohol.

I totally get it. I live a lifestyle in a climate that having more than 3 jackets is a complete waste. I am personally aware that regarding my time on TFL the actual owning of jackets is at best a byproduct. For me it’s more about the community and then the process of 1. See a jacket 2. Research a jacket exhaustively 3. Hunt a jacket 4. Purchase a jacket 5. Repeat. It’s feeding a compulsion that would be filled by some object and jackets are less expensive than a lot of other things. Ultimately for me it’s just a distraction from existential crisis.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I totally get it. I live a lifestyle in a climate that having more than 3 jackets is a complete waste. I am personally aware that regarding my time on TFL the actual owning of jackets is at best a byproduct. For me it’s more about the community and then the process of 1. See a jacket 2. Research a jacket exhaustively 3. Hunt a jacket 4. Purchase a jacket 5. Repeat. It’s feeding a compulsion that would be filled by some object and jackets are less expensive than a lot of other things. Ultimately for me it’s just a distraction from existential crisis.
Yep, me too. The need to buy jackets waxes and wanes but I check out TFL a few times a day at least. And if I’m not dreaming about jackets then it is something else even less practical that I’m coveting. Right now there is a Gibson acoustic parlor guitar that is calling my name and I am trying my best not to hear her…

Peacoat

Bartender
Yep, me too. The need to buy jackets waxes and wanes but I check out TFL a few times a day at least. And if I’m not dreaming about jackets then it is something else even less practical that I’m coveting. Right now there is a Gibson acoustic parlor guitar that is calling my name and I am trying my best not to hear her…
Fight not your temptations. Go get that Gibson and be happy.

For me it is a 1958 Gibson Les Paul. Just checked online and there is one available for
$245,000 + $400 shipping. Another leather jacket looks like a pretty good deal.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
You get a big Amen from me, @Superfluous.
It’s about the quest.
Every since caveman found that first shiny stone it’s been about the quest. It was a treasure....then after many more it became just but a pile of rocks and on to the next quest.
Same for modern caveman, just different shiny stones.

I think i see a new thread topic brewing. Lol
B

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bfd. I’m flattered.
Last couple years i found it hard to stand in front of a camera. After thousands of daily hats and jacket posts i got tired of seeing that same old guy in the pics. Seems you age slower if you don’t look at yourself everyday. Lol

Still here everyday, just enjoying the heavy lifting of others and watching the progression of members as they enjoy the life of leather and felt.
Thanks everyone for your contributions.
I’m just in a side booth at our lounge.You all keep stepping up to the bar.
Be well.
Bowen
Come on B, lets see some Willow pics at least. Be well.
David

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Right now there is a Gibson acoustic parlor guitar that is calling my name and I am trying my best not to hear her…
That's a calling that is irresistible, whether it's percussion, string or wind (as in blowing,) I couldn't play a note. Didn't stop that calling though, there is at least one musical instrument that I can play, just don't ask the price.
422746823.JPG

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It’s a hobby so unless you are beggaring your Family I wouldn’t feel guilty. Sized down my collection to those that fit well and do get worn at some point. Shifted the wardrobe queens and nearly rans. All seasons are covered but the madness continues with new arrivals & those on the drawing board..enjoy. Unfortunately the clothing thing has now gone beyond just jackets…

dannyk

One Too Many
Its been ages since Ive been on but decided to log in today. I am indeed alive and as @Monitor said its been mostly a great year or so! Without getting into the politics of it and whether you are pro or anti as a personal accomplishment I hope you can respect it but I won my first ever union election as the lead organizer!! Our win rate is 75% and I was a part of all those but this was the first ever where I started it and ran it to the end. We also tripled managements vote count! After that I got married! We had the best wedding and Im so happy and for once feel loved. We bought our first home like two years ago and slowly remodeling and upgrading the home. We have our dog to take care of. Again about two years ago I became admin and a co-founder of a FB group that weve transitioned into real life. Its a Clash group founded by people who knew the band personally and want to keep their legacy alive. Weve held two concerts with a third coming up. In late April the group is coming to New York where I live and were shooting a documentary. Well its already started and Im co-producing the american side of the shoot. Ill leave a link here for anyone who wants to take a peak at the very brief footage we put together for a trailer to get out.
Ill also add that actually a few members of TFL are in that group as well. Ive manged to make quite a few "real life" friends from TFL and forever grateful about that.
I also made friend with a group member in Mexico and helped through messaging using my knowledge and his guts to organize his workplace they are currently in negotiations for their first contract. I think thats most of the good.

Now for the bad almost two years ago it started with low back pain and my hip...2 years later its called sacroiliac joint dysfunction and Im on week 9 of post surgical recovery. I had to have 3 titanium rods drilled through my hip into my sacrum to stabilize the joint. Its dramatically changed my life for that period and I could barely do anything I enjoyed. Now its slowly getting better each week and I started Physical therapy last week which is also helping a lot. This also reduced my income as I couldnt work OT or pick up side jobs....and I was on disability for 10 weeks….3 weeks pre surgery for rest, and 7 weeks post surgery. Im now back at work part time for the rest of the month and will be starting full time for April.

So all in all a crazy hectic time with little time to come here, had to save my money because of my wedding and medical reasons so did not want to get tempted coming to this place which we all know is a black hole for money. I have collected a few new pairs of boots, jeans, and hoodies but nothing crazy expensive, nor any new jackets. I did find a few "cheaper" brands doing some really cool things that are my style like Indestructible MFG, Go Fast Dont Die, and SteelTown Garage. In any case Im going to try and be back on here at least once a month or so: who knows maybe Ill get sucked back in to where I was! Or maybe life will keep me just as busy. I just came across this and wanted to say hi to everyone, let everyone know Im doing great with work and events, my body is falling apart but cant control that haha. Thanks everyone and it was nice reading this thread and seeing what others have been up to!

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
@dannyk
mazel for all the good stuff. I’m excited for the doc. Only band that matters. Re your back, if you still have down time check out “The beauty of Dusk.” It’s a book I’ve found helpful. Still 29/30 ish denim?

dannyk

One Too Many
@dannyk
mazel for all the good stuff. I’m excited for the doc. Only band that matters. Re your back, if you still have down time check out “The beauty of Dusk.” It’s a book I’ve found helpful. Still 29/30 ish denim?
I am! Thankfully I did not pack on the pounds while being on disability haha. So still the same size. I can’t tell ya how excited I am to be doing this doc. For anyone who thinks that doc sounds good and again I don’t want to push politics or a view here as it’s not the place; so if it sounds cool to you and watched the trailer shoot me a dm and I can invite you to the fb group. We’re international and many of the people in the group knew the band personally and share memorabilia and stories. One of the founders is Robin who Mick from The clash wrote stay free for. Ray Gange the actor who was in the movie rude boy. We have Roddy the original guitarist and song writer from the specials. So many more. There’s a Joe strummer mural at the Niagara bar in NYC, partially owned by Jesse Mailin. Little secret we’re shooting there, Jesse will be in it and we will have a wrap party concert there. I have so far two interview slots as well as co-producing. We are trying to form local councils and we’re putting members in charge of them to use the name to hold concerts and rallies. Share news and events. Already as I said held two shows and a 3rd upcoming. All the bands are members of the group and the soundtrack for the doc will be almost all our members. We have some artists who do art for us, as well as a few T shirt and badge/button makers. You can purchase group stuff and the money goes into the doc or holding future events.

I’m always in the market for a good book. So I’ll be sure to check that out. Especially since I have more down time trapped in the house recovering from my
Surgery.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ