Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has Anyone Seen a Vanson Colorado?

South

One of the Regulars
If so, what were your impressions or comments?

http://www.vansonleathers.com/dw/prod/jacket/chq2.html

ColoradoFrontCHQ2_03.jpg

ColoradoBackCHQ2_11.jpg

Thanks.

South

One of the Regulars
Lama said:
The Colorado is known as the CHPQ, as it is a Vanson CHP "Quilted". These are some Japanese pics. Much like a watered-down Langlitz Padded Columbia, it has huge under-arm footballs:

http://www.leather-brand.com/kawajan/vanson/chpq.html

Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate on how it's a watered-down version of the Langlitz? Is it thinner?

It's hard to tell from those pictures, but under the arms look a bit similar to my Enfield. Are they bigger than the Enfield?

Thanks again.

injunjack

One of the Regulars
I have never seen a Laglitz IRL.

I have a Vanson CHP in comp. weight leather.
Compared to my Legendary Black Horse or the 2 vintage CHP jackets I own (btw, they are for sale) the thickness is similar to these.

I don't know what Lama means by huge underarm footballs??

I'd say Vanson CHP is very nice jacket. And I would never say Vanson is watered down...
The fit is quite slim. I'm size 42-44. My Vanson is 42 and it's good fit with T-Shirt or quite light sweater, as my Black Horse size 44 allows multiple layers underneath. From the pics I'd say the fit is more like in Comet than in Enfield.

Jack

Lama

New in Town
Let me rephrase. The CHPQ has the appearance of a Padded Columbia, without the padding being overdone and external. The arm openings have the football types to allow lots of movement, it is not tight or small arm openings like a Enfield or Comet. Yes, Vanson makes beautiful jackets, and the leather is wonderful and the fit and finish is amazing. If I was to chose, I believe the Dominator or Model C2 is a better looking jacket over the CHP jackets. A bit more trim in cut. There is a regular CHP in 42 on Ebay right now for a good price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart