Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Anguish!

miss noir

New in Town
i missed out on this hat on ebay a little while back, does anyone know of a place
that sells this style? preferably somewhere with an email address, due to my location :)

bluehat.jpg

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Milliners

I have hats from Barbara. She does lovely work and is a joy to deal with.

I've also come across a new miliner who I am incredibly excited about..... here is a pic of a new one on its way to me....

get_convo_image.jpg
[/IMG]

for UNDER $100!

She's on Etsy and has several styles in the $55-65 range that are blocked from vintage blocks. She will also do custom.

The one I've attached is a custom order. She has sent me pics of several trim choices and has taken my input. Bell (BoringSidney on Etsy) has been great to work with.

Why don't you send her a pic and ask if it is something she could replicate?

Tell her Aimee sent you!!!!!

Honey Doll

EDIT:-- Barbara would surely do it for you as well and would do a lovely job. She has done custom work for me and I have been entirely satisfied. That being said, I think Belle could also do a lovely job at a fraction of the price.

Shearer

Practically Family
Honey Doll, that hat is gorgeous. I'm loving the trim. Thanks for the Etsy tip, it can be hard to find things on there!

miss noir

New in Town
gosh, i didnt even think to look on etsy. duh! i agree thats its hard to navigate around on there, so the user name is a bonus, thanks!

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
WOW! I'm nearly speechless. I am an amateur milliner and although my work has actually been commissioned *much to my surprise & excitement* I would LOVE to be as good as these ladies..perhaps in time. I have just purchased several bits of reading material on 40's millinery so who knows maybe you'll see my work on someones head (besides mine) soon....LOL.....

:( I sure wish I could afford some of those hats from Barbara!

**green with envy**

Brooksie

One Too Many
Check out www.ahatbycassie.com she has awsome hats and she does custom orders also. I had a booth next to hers at a holliday show several years ago so I have seen her hats personaly and :eek:fftopic: I ended up buying a pair of her hand crotcheted fingerless mittens (this is what started my obsession with crotched and knitted fingerless mittens) which she does not even sell on her website...it is purely focused on hats.

Brooksie

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Deco Doll

Pink Dahlia said:
Don't we have a hat girl on here? A girl who makes custom hats? I know she's here. I just don't know where.

Yes! Deco Doll does hats. She did one for me as well. Very nice! her site is www.decodoll.net , but seems to be disabled at the moment.

Also on Etsy... a seller named chimerablossom does some nice looking cloche's for approx $100. I haven't bought anything from her so can't give a personal report.

Honey Doll

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Lovely!

Brooksie said:
Check out www.ahatbycassie.com she has awsome hats and she does custom orders also. I had a booth next to hers at a holliday show several years ago so I have seen her hats personaly and :eek:fftopic: I ended up buying a pair of her hand crotcheted fingerless mittens (this is what started my obsession with crotched and knitted fingerless mittens) which she does not even sell on her website...it is purely focused on hats.

Brooksie

Brooksie-- Cassie's hats are lovely! Thanks for sharing them. Is she still doing them. It looks like her last collection online is from 2005?

Honey Doll

Brooksie

One Too Many
Honey Doll said:
Brooksie-- Cassie's hats are lovely! Thanks for sharing them. Is she still doing them. It looks like her last collection online is from 2005?

Honey Doll

I do not know the story on Cassie, I guess someone could send her and e-mail and get the scoop.

Brooksie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24