Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat band buckles / hardware

CKC

Familiar Face
Yes, .......my knives are folders.....EDC. My favourites are my French Thiers knives....from Fontenille Pataud.
Interesting. The Le Thiers knives from Fontenille Pataud are really nice. It's a sleek design that sits nicely in a pocket and in the hand. They offer all sorts of handle options and a few blade options as well. Their standard RWL34 is a nice steel.
I've spent the majority of my time developing fixed blade designs for sportsman, edc and culinary applications. Along the way I've also design 4 folders, so far. The first one I designed for a friend who wanted a folding version of his fixed blade design. It carries his name as the designer as I was technically paid to engineer the functionality of his concept. That one is a current product sold by Spyderco knives today. The second one is entirely my design and is currently under contract with Spyderco as well. It should get through production and hit stores in about 18-24 months. The other 2 are designs I have not shown publicly yet.

Is there some place where you show your hat work?

Interesting. The Le Thiers knives from Fontenille Pataud are really nice. It's a sleek design that sits nicely in a pocket and in the hand. They offer all sorts of handle options and a few blade options as well. Their standard RWL34 is a nice steel.
I've spent the majority of my time developing fixed blade designs for sportsman, edc and culinary applications. Along the way I've also design 4 folders, so far. The first one I designed for a friend who wanted a folding version of his fixed blade design. It carries his name as the designer as I was technically paid to engineer the functionality of his concept. That one is a current product sold by Spyderco knives today. The second one is entirely my design and is currently under contract with Spyderco as well. It should get through production and hit stores in about 18-24 months. The other 2 are designs I have not shown publicly yet.

Is there some place where you show your hat work?
I have a dedicated thread here in the Lounge - "Wolfbrae Custom". As well I have an Instagram account - @gaultrobert It shows a broad representation of my work.
Keep us posted when the Spyderco hits the market....always looking to add!

glider

A-List Customer
Tandy leather has everything needed to make a hat band. I have made 3 or 4 and will make a few more this winter. They have the buckles etc.

milandro

A-List Customer
I have given at least 3 hats a new hatband by just going to a large warehouse where they sell thin women belts

cut them to size, added a few holes and voilà, I had a hatband made of leather with metal buckle (I had only to reshape the end bit that I had cut)

click to expand they are from on line source not exactly the ones I used.

Anyway there are plenty of belts like that which will fit the purpose.

Another source is a shop which sell here in the Netherlands called Curly's Bead (a beadshop, they have lots of pleated or flat leather " rope" ( for lack of a better term) with which to fabbricate a hatband , the end finial and something to close the loop

1704032613666.png

1704032570256.png

Attachments

• 1704032319311.png
    1704032319311.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui