Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat books:Borsalinos,etc???

moustache

Practically Family
Ok,i have searched some of the archives and alas,have not seen this question posed.So i will ask it now:

Please name some books devoted to fine hats.
These are the titles i currently have:

Men's Hats by Bella Cosa-ISBN 0-8118-1059-3(small pocket size book with many Borsalino photos)Well worth the low price!!

Men's Hats-Giuliano Folledore-large book from the Histories of fashion series.Not as many photos but a delightful book nonetheless.ISBN 88-85168-23-x

Hatless Jack-Neil Steinberg-No photos but a decent book about the decline of men wearing hats.ISBN 0-452-28523-2

These are the only books i have devoted to hats.I would LOVE to have a book devoted to Borsalinos!! Does such a book exist???I can't imagine how many photos it would take to document all of the varieties of Borsa.
Maybe this would be a good project:To collect EVERY photo possible of Borsalino hats.There are many listed here on the site.

Any ideas of other photo filled hat books???

JD in Vancouver,Wa

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Borsalino book

JD , there are some books written about Borsalino , but they are hard to get . Being the largest dealer of Borsalino 's in the world , I have a nice colection of hat books , some of which I 've never seen elsewhere . The one book you might be able to find is "Omaggio Il Capello" if I spelled it right . Published in 1957 for the 100th anniversary of the company it has some marvelous pictures . Look on www.abe.com . You might find it there. There is an English and an Italian version of the book.

Steven

moustache

Practically Family
Thanks!!

besdor said:
JD , there are some books written about Borsalino , but they are hard to get . Being the largest dealer of Borsalino 's in the world , I have a nice colection of hat books , some of which I 've never seen elsewhere . The one book you might be able to find is "Omaggio Il Capello" if I spelled it right . Published in 1957 for the 100th anniversary of the company it has some marvelous pictures . Look on www.abe.com . You might find it there. There is an English and an Italian version of the book.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Thanks Steve!!!
I will try my book finder sources as well.

JD

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
A quick check on www.abe.com and I found three different books about Borsalino . There is one about the founder of Borsalino . It's very rare .

Steven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24