Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat History from The New Yorker Archives

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here's a bit from the FAQs on the 2007 DVD collection. I'm not a tech guy, but I would think that the 2005 discs would work on any reasonably modern system.

Is The Complete New Yorker compatible with my computer?

System Requirements for The Complete New Yorker DVD:
Computer Use Only
Windows 2000, XP, or higher
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher
DVD-ROM Drive (disk will not play on television)
750 MB of free hard drive space
1024 x 768 minimum screen resolution

Will The Complete New Yorker work with Vista?
The Complete New Yorker will work with Vista. However, several customers are noticing that occasionally Vista will designate The Complete New Yorker to run only as an administrative program. To finalize the installation and run the program, right-click "The Complete New Yorker" shortcut on the desktop and select the compatibility tab. Check the "Run this program as an administrator" box, then click "Apply." Reopen the program.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Hat Chick said:
Greetings and Salutations!~

My thanks as well!
Regarding the Fourth Source and Homburgs:

I've been lurking about for a week or so, haven't even formally introduced myself... but I couldn't pass this one up without comment: apparently the homburg craze of 1953 stuck with my father, since that is the style of Cavanagh he chose to purchase while vacationing in NYC during 1971 (omg, does that qualify as "vintage"?!?)

While in high school and going through a Hat phase I swiped that hat (along with others) by "borrowing" it... permanently. (It sometimes pays off to be an only child/daughter. :D ) Somehow I never seemed to outgrow that phase and now I have hatboxes of hats stacked in my closet, with multiple hats inside them carefully nested inside each other as only odd and squishy women's hats can be. Did that make sense? My apologies, I'm tired and that makes me babble (more than usual). Imagine a shaped hat with a soft cap underneath and a beret inside the cap....

ANYWAY:
That homburg has remained a life-long favourite of mine, faded binding and all, and this forum is the first place I've come across that has folks who'd truly understand. My fashion tastes run to a variety of periods, but Gentlemen never go out of style and I'm quite glad to have found y'all!

I've got more to say, questions to ask, etc. but I'll get to all that in due time. I just had to finally say "Hi!"

Cheers!

~Juliana
Welcome to the lounge Hat Chick!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner