Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat prices hurting hat comeback?

The few 100% nutria Stetsons I've seen have been stiff as a board and wear like steel. Even the moths are not overly fond of them.

Not sure the era of the hats you have seen, but Stetson Clear Nutria and Real Nutria hats from 1940 and earlier were positioned towards the top of the line price-wise and exhibit many high quality finishes, including very soft and flexible long hair models. They are no more immune to moth damage than beaver or hare. I have posted quite a few in the pre-1940s Stetson western and dress hat threads. The 1950s Nutria Quality hats represent the desired characteristics of that era and are much stiffer in crown and brim. As with any Stetson, the fur content percentages are not provided. Whether they were 100% nutria or some other percentage is speculation.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been in Las Vegas the past few days, and there are hats all over, as far as the eye can see. That may have something to do with the Rodeo Finals being held here though lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner