Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Retailer in Kentucky?

Vardeman Sneed

Familiar Face
Does anyone know any retailers of men's 'dress hats' in Kentucky?

Not being accustomed to wearing a hat, I am strongly considering doing so. My reluctance to wearing a hat is primarily due to not finding a hat to fit my size 7-3/4 head. The phrase 'one size fits all' for hats/caps, doesn't work for me. I can only remember having one cheap straw hat and one fitted baseball cap that actually fit this head of mine.

As a side note, the interest in 'dress hats' seems to coincide with an interest in actually wanting to dress better. After wearing jeans, cotton twill pants, short/long sleeved polo shirts, and short/long sleeved oxford shirts for most of my 23 year professional engineering career, I am now acquiring wool blend slacks and long sleeved dress shirts. It seems that the difference between 'upper business casual' and 'lower business casual' is becoming more apparent as time passes. Every so often, I will even wear a tie to work to invoke reactions from those who never have worn a tie.

I have also moved to shaving with a straight razor, after getting bad shaves from cartridge razors for 30+ years. Maybe there is something about the old ways of doing things that some of today's technologies and philosophies cannot 'hold a candle' to.

Anyway, I would appreciate any information as to hat retailers in Kentucky.

Thanks,

Bob

cab

New in Town
I am not familiar with any stores in Kentucky, but there is a great store in Cincinnati. Batsakes is located on 6th Street and has a wonderful selection. Also, the proprietor, Gus Miller and the others are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. Good Luck.

mingoslim

Practically Family
Definitely check out Batsakes in Cincinnati

The downtown location is easy to find . . . park at the underground lot under Fountain Square, and you have only one block to walk.

If you have the time . . . see about some of the customs that Gus makes there . . .

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I've looked for the name of the place on Cane Run Rd in Louisville where I bought a fedora a few years back. I can't find it, though. Look in the yellow pages for a hat store there. As I recall they had a good selection. I hope that helps a little.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the Lounge! I, as I'm sure others, agree with you that modern or faster or newer doesn't always mean better. Not knowing any hatters in your area, I would like to say there are many sources on the Internet, and many are advertisers here at FL. Just keep an eye at the top of each page next to the Classic Style logo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24