Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat shop in DC?

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
I have searched the few lengthy threads on hat shops to no specific result...

We will be staying in DC (capital hill area) later this summer - and I'd hate to miss a great hat shop while I'm in town. We are flying in, the car is at home, so please keep any recomendations to things that are within walking/taxi/metro range. (unless there is a SUPER "don't miss" store just outside the city worth renting a car to see)

please also include any vendors I might stumble across that I should avoid :)

My greatest thanks in advance

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
wow, one would think somone must have some info on a shop in DC - seems like such a large metro area would have something worth stepping into, no?

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I live in the Washington, D.C. area. Last time I checked the Georgetown Park Mall hat shop (forgot its name), there was a collection of a few Stetsons amid other popular type hats. That was a long time ago. More recently, Hats by Haber in Silver Spring, which is a one-room store in a townhouse available by appointment, was good because the lady sold Borsalinos which were good. I bought several there. So that's my vote for the best D.C. area hat shop. I'm pretty confident about that unless new shops have sprung up that I'm unaware of, which is very possible.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Andrea's fine hats is in Silver Spring as well. I have not been there, but I have heard it is alright. I have bought all my hats online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn