Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Theory... Night wearing? Car life?

JeffOYB

Vendor
Ya know, maybe it's because I'm brimmy. Maybe I should start moving stingy.

Most of my hats are 2.5-3" brims---so maybe I subliminally sense that they should be doing a LITTLE something, like keeping the sun off. Sometimes they do even in the car when it's sunny. Also with a big brim maybe it just seems clunky in a car---bumping things, getting crushed, hitting people. Kinda like having an umbrella open in a car!!! : ) I wouldn't feel that way with a newsboy hat.

Who knows!

I do like the rule of "Do what you like" but sometimes I feel mixed about what I like.

...Stingy brim for fair-weather nightlife/carlife might be worth trying.

But I have a HUGE noggin!

Pushing onwards into a stiff fashion breeze....

Retro Rob

Familiar Face
Great to see so many fellow auto enthusiast here, The Rolls is a sweet ride. As for the E type (the Brits never called them XKE's) I'm 6', if I put the seat all the way back, and lean it back as far as possible I have a good couple of inches head room. Leg room is another matter. I agree it's the most stunning mass produced car ever, there is one on display in the MOMA in NYC. I saw one when I was 8 yrs. old and knew some day I would have one. Not the easiest or cheapest car to own (or drive) but the E type will make a mechanic out of you, and its a real drivers car. At 120 It just wants to go faster. (of course I never go that fast. ;) ) First production car to do 150 (in 1962 !)

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Yes, the E-type is pretty sweet. I've always liked the looks of that one. Maybe one day, I'll try a street version for a while. I change cars like most of y'all change hats. :D

I also really liked the D-type. I got to run one at The Glen back in the 80s. You can't hardly keep a helmet on in one of those, much less a hat. They use your head as the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer, which helps the car turn (really). It's not so bad with a full-face, but in the day, they used Cromwell half-shells!

Later!

Stan

JeffOYB

Vendor
Citroen Diesse!

big_44_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner