Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Hope you enjoy your weekend & manage to get some R&R!

2. Rumad

Rumad Practically Family

Two day’s of ass busting in the akubra. Time for a beer. That’s the Berkshire’s in the foreground and the Catskills way in the back 63ACDC55-7D17-4738-9048-9FE7EB6262A1.jpeg

3. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

A Guinness is a terrific breakfast beer(8:00am here in Minnesota). Grilled some lake trout and have added it on top of a potato stew for my breakfast. Ahhh, the restorative properties of a good breakfast with a stout beer.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

4. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

I like the way you think.

5. I was dreaming about a big spread of biscuits & gravy, hash browns on top, country ham or bacon, & an Oatmeal Stout. Fit for Father's Day! Just make sure all your papers are in order first.

quikrick, RBH, Blare and 3 others like this.
  6. Rumad

Rumad Practically Family

Sounds alright to me brother

Short Balding Guy and Blare like this.
  7. Rumad

Rumad Practically Family

This also sounds like a good plan.

8. The plan for dinner was a couple of chicken fajita tacos & a fried potato taco, with spicy brown rice. Now it was time to break seal on a bottle of Tequila Ocho Single Estate Reposado. All with my nifty Stetson 7X Fifty.

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

To the tasting notes on the back label I can only add exceptionally clear for a Repo, smooth & clean tasting. The blue agave was likely cooked in stainless steel ovens.

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

9. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Dinner sounded great, HJ as does that tequila which may have rested in the whitest of the white oak barrels around. Always a treat to see the 50.

Hagwood, RBH and Hurricane Jack like this.
  10. Thanks BB. I really like the full taste of blue agave & this presents it well. That's one of the reasons I stick to Blanco so often. No taste of Oak. This Repo has less of a black peppery taste than their Blanco. Good sipping after a meal.

I'm glad I wasn't an expert when I found the Fifty. I might have let the black sweat & phony sizer scare me away from a fine hat.

Ross Young, Hagwood, RBH and 3 others like this.
  11. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Good call. Apparently there are always exceptions to the rules.

RBH, Blare and Hurricane Jack like this.
  12. What's that great line from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre..."We don't need no stinkin'..." rules. Don Henley sang it best...
    "Rebels been rebels, Since I don't know when"

RBH, Blare and Bamaboots like this.
  13. Seeking any reference information on these (1940's?) Art Deco liquor caddy. Manufacturer, brand, etc?

IMG_9448.JPG

IMG_9446.JPG

IMG_9447.JPG

M Hatman, Blare, Hagwood and 5 others like this.
  14. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

15. The egg is glass. I've only ever seen one other one & it was red. This one has some paint loss. The pinstripes to the right are contrails & are supposed to have a couple of Constellation Propjet airplanes flying along them, I don't know if those are still there or not. I'm wondering if there is an Art Deco reference book of some kind that would tell more.

PS: it is glass & I've edited to reflect that above.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    M Hatman, Blare and RBH like this.
  16. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thanks, HJ. The reason I asked is I recently saw a rectangular glass box on an antique show made from a similarly colored glass. It was mounted in a gilded bronze frame. That’s such a great caddy.

Blare and Hurricane Jack like this.
  17. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Hurricane Jack likes this.
  18. Hi Bowen. It's not mine so I don't know about any stamping. I've been collecting vintage liquor glasses & items for a long time. The only other one of these I have ever seen was when I was a kid & it belonged to a cousin of my dad. This cousin & his wife never had children; I thought they had everything! He had the red one.

AbbaDatDeHat and Bamaboots like this.
  19. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Thanks Jack. Was just wondering because Seneca Glass here in Morgantown was a very big glass blowing site in the 1900s-??. They were known for their blue glass stuff, etc.
    Be well. Bowen

Rumad and Hurricane Jack like this.
  20. Hagwood

Hagwood Call Me a Cab

A little late, but my wife made me a nice totally from scratch Piña Colada for a break from digging trenches Saturday for the sprinkler system I’m putting in at my Sister’s lake house.

Sorry, no hat in the pic cause it’s on my head and totally filthy. A beater Akubra Balmoral Hemp.

1A2BBB4C-0346-42B7-AA7E-D672B6FB041F.jpeg