Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Went to the small town "beer cave" to buy a lottery ticket and looked around in the cave as I was in the mood for a dark beer. Amber was about as dark as they carried, but did see this oddball.

View attachment 301487

Thought about it for a split second, but it was $12 for a four-pack. I just bought my MegaMillions ticket and went on my way. Got home and am enjoying a Papa's Pilar Rum instead ... and dreaming of a lottery win.
Good luck!

Good luck!

Thanks Joe! Just realized I was in the wrong thread. Here is the hat I was wearing ...

543cea54-8cf1-4ebd-b23a-7ba67c1ebf87-jpeg.301375

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
After a morning out with my black Woomera, HH came early with some Cragganmore 12 Speyside. Great afternoon Scotch but the Craigellachie 13 is just as good at a better price point.

Excellent to know. BTW, that is a great whiskey glass.

Testing my hypothesis from above I would say that the Cragganmore 12 is probably worth the price difference over the Craigellachie 13 for most people. Besides a taste difference the Cragganmore is distilled at 40% ABV & the Craigellachie @ 46% , so a bit rougher than the smoother Cragganmore.

Sounds like something I need to add to my already long list. I am envious of your opportunity to taste test them Jack. Perhaps in a week I will have some time to do a taste test. Work and tasks have me booked for a bit. Until them I am living on your experiences. Keep them coming.

Cheers to all. Best, Eric -

Sounds like something I need to add to my already long list. I am envious of your opportunity to taste test them Jack. Perhaps in a week I will have some time to do a taste test. Work and tasks have me booked for a bit. Until them I am living on your experiences. Keep them coming.
Thanks Eric. I know it's been difficult keeping a business running this past yr with the pandemic. And a business geared to hrs other than 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM adds to the stress of one's lifestyle. Here's a wish to your continued success!

I've decided I'll keep the Cragganmore 12 if I can continue to build backstock by catching it on sale occasionally, & probably just buy the Craigellachie 13 from time to time.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Alan, that's much appreciated. It's just so seldom to get good news in this word today.

Jack; I do believe that good guys win in the end. The difficulty with being a good human is a daily toil for me. Be good and know that reading this thread does bring a smile to my face often.

You ain’t lyin’. Adapt and move on. All we can do right?

Cheers Alan!

A toast to the United States of America whose Founders formed a more perfect union. With beer whose “founders” formed a more perfect beer.
View attachment 302692

Oh yes the Oatmeal Stout! This weekend I had delivered more Oatmeal, Porter, Mas Agave, Red's Eye IPA and All Day. Soon I will have to do a sampling.

I am chuckling with the visual image of the Founders in a Guinness logo'd glass.

Cheers folks. Be excellent, Eric -

Commiserating in my whisky tonight of the closing in two long chapters in my life. Strathisla 10 bottled @ 58.5% ABV by Signatory.

View attachment 302689
Commiserating is about half the job of whiskey and sometimes it just has to get to work. It's healthy and wise to take a little time to mourn and reflect before we move on, but the moving is the key. Plenty more chapters to go before the book closes. I hope you are staying well during these trying times, Jack.

Quoting a paragraph from an email I received yesterday. I'm hoping this is just a lapse in licensing or something, & not a change in the political wind:

Unfortunately right now we can not ship spirits out of the state of Minnesota. We are working with the state for clarification but right now we are only shipping wine out of state and we are only shipping in the Midwest temporarily. We can ship all products within the state of Minnesota. Hopefully we will have more clarity in the next couple of weeks. Its a big blow to our business and hopefully can be rectified soon.

Have a great weekend,
Ace Spirits

End Quote

Last night was a new bottle of Lagavulin 16.

IMG_9922.jpg

IMG_9924.jpg

IMG_9926.jpg

Quoting a paragraph from an email I received yesterday. I'm hoping this is just a lapse in licensing or something, & not a change in the political wind:

Unfortunately right now we can not ship spirits out of the state of Minnesota. We are working with the state for clarification but right now we are only shipping wine out of state and we are only shipping in the Midwest temporarily. We can ship all products within the state of Minnesota. Hopefully we will have more clarity in the next couple of weeks. Its a big blow to our business and hopefully can be rectified soon.

Have a great weekend,
Ace Spirits

End Quote

Last night was a new bottle of Lagavulin 16.

View attachment 303337

View attachment 303338

View attachment 303339

Great pics, HJ. The Glencairn glass is really nice. I hope it’s just a licensing/distribution glitch that clears soon with your supplier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto