Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Rumad

One Too Many
A long day, but a good one. The first time since the beginning of the pandemic that we’ve had friends over for a barbecue.
I planned to take a leaf out of Eric’s book and have a breakfast porter. I couldn’t do it. Coffee was my preferred morning drink. But I still opened my “Tokyo Black” porter at around 10 am.
View attachment 374615
Good conversation and good laughs we’re had over beer, wine and shochu.
On the menu was Jamaican Jerk ribs and Memphis dry ribs. I should add the disclaimer that I’ve never been to Jamaica or Memphis and I’ve only ever had my own ribs in the style of said places. While the authenticity of the ribs may be questionable, they still went down a treat.
View attachment 374637
That’s a small slab of homemade bacon on the left.
After everyone had gone home and the cleaning had been done, Etsuko and I indulged in some Knob Creek.
View attachment 374616 View attachment 374617 View attachment 374618 View attachment 374620 View attachment 374621
Akubra Cattleman from start to finish.
Looks amazing brother, keep it going

Memphis dry ribs. I should add the disclaimer that I’ve never been to Jamaica or Memphis and I’ve only ever had my own ribs in the style of said places.
Those Memphis style ribs look as good & tasty as any I've ever had! Good job.

Seeing all these derby hats made me want to get out my Western derby clone (my best effort) of the HOW Territorial Governor's hat.

When taking inventory recently I found a bottle of Connemara 12 yr old Peated Single Malt I opened last Saint Patrick's Day. So I just now imbibed a wee dram for lunch. There are better Peated Single Malts at that price point, & I actually like the Connemara Original Peated better at just over half the price point of the 12.

Happy Halloween!

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, how did the sky watch go the other night? Did you see the Aurora Borealis?

Jack; The Northern Lights were not visible until around 4:00am. I used my phone alarm to wake me up 2 times before success at 4:00am. I gazed, sipping coffee of course, for nearly an hour. It was eerie to see the shimmering green/blue lights. If I had better info as to when the lights would be best visible I would have driven north were no light would have interfered in the viewing. Absolutely I would do it again.

The pics I took on my small camera were to a one unsuccessful. I was better downloading others posted pics to share. I should make time to read my camera manual and experiment. For another time.

Eric -

If I had better info as to when the lights would be best visible I would have driven north were no light would have interfered in the viewing.
You might want to subscribe to Spaceweather.com. They send out email notifications to subscribers on best viewing locations & times for meteor showers, Aurora Borealis, solar flares, sunspot activity, etc. The info is great for photographers & viewers alike.

A diet break day on Sunday allowed me to enjoy this unusual selection that was gifted to me back on my birthday by a friend.

The Original Neapolitan Milk Stout by Saugatuck Brewing Co

Claims.. Three Bites in Every Sip. Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry. I did not expect this to actually be the case and on first sip I did not get that at all. But I’ll be damned.. as I continued to enjoy this beverage… the distinct taste of Neapolitan ice cream lingered in my mouth. A fairly rich tasting beer overall. Thought not as rich as say Founders Big Lucious. I probably try this again if I came across it.

9DB96C67-B5D8-4733-9627-77E7A7322572.jpeg
F076802C-7F14-4BB1-9A42-01F6F87E569D.jpeg

Last edited:
TFCD & some GC 2-Pulls for HH today.

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

Looking down the bar tonight I spotted a guy wearing a 3x6. Given the chance, I was going to ask him if it was vintage or custom/modern but their HH ended before mine. I snuck taking some pics but felt like a perv, & would feel like an even bigger one posting them here since I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I'll post just one since their identities are hidden. I see big Westerns all the time but this is the first 3x6 I can recall.

IMG_2929.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21