Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

My Dunlap Supreme Quality 4X & a few Modelo Especiale Icebergs, sort of the opposite of a Cerveza-Rita.

IMG_7045.jpeg

IMG_7046.jpeg

IMG_7044.jpeg

IMG_7047.jpeg

Last edited:
Look forward to the review.
Thanks BB. Since this Widow Jane version of their Reposado was only distributed in 7 states I’ll be sipping this bottle sparingly like an expensive Scotch. I was lucky to get this one & doubt I can find another bottle for back stock. Aged 8 months it has a slight color to it more noticeable in the bottle than in the glass. It is so smooth @ 91 proof & not a disappointment.

On the nose I get the sweet smell of clay oven cooked agave that I like so much, & the normal aroma of fresh ground black pepper. A little Oak & bourbon whiskey/alcohol. Citrus. Subtle smells of baking spices & a bit of vanilla.

Holding that first sip the citrus identifies itself as spearmint & pineapple, the baking spices as cinnamon & nutmeg. In addition to the vanilla there is a slight mixture of caramel & butterscotch. In addition to the agave & pepper I get that mineral earth/wet dirt taste underneath it all.

In the final I get a lingering buttery aftertaste with a bit of salt.

To me this really stands out among others Reposados & makes me wonder what it could be if it were aged into the Anejo or XA range. Might be interesting to try a bottle of Widow Jane Bourbon too.

Thanks BB. Since this Widow Jane version of their Reposado was only distributed in 7 states I’ll be sipping this bottle sparingly like an expensive Scotch. I was lucky to get this one & doubt I can find another bottle for back stock. Aged 8 months it has a slight color to it more noticeable in the bottle than in the glass. It is so smooth @ 91 proof & not a disappointment.

On the nose I get the sweet smell of clay oven cooked agave that I like so much, & the normal aroma of fresh ground black pepper. A little Oak & bourbon whiskey/alcohol. Citrus. Subtle smells of baking spices & a bit of vanilla.

Holding that first sip the citrus identifies itself as spearmint & pineapple, the baking spices as cinnamon & nutmeg. In addition to the vanilla there is a slight mixture of caramel & butterscotch. In addition to the agave & pepper I get that mineral earth/wet dirt taste underneath it all.

In the final I get a lingering buttery aftertaste with a bit of salt.

To me this really stands out among others Reposados & makes me wonder what it could be if it were aged into the Anejo or XA range. Might be interesting to try a bottle of Widow Jane Bourbon too.
Thanks for that. I did notice in your pic that it appeared lighter in the glass than I expected it to but not real unusual for a repo. I like your idea of aging into an Anejo to see what that might bring.

chivaceae

New in Town
After going over a few of the most recent pages in this thread, I have to say I admire the bravery of taking pictures of some fine hats next to beverages contained in glasses with fairly narrow bases and/or high center of gravity. If I were to do that I'll invariable have an accident and spill them onto my hat.
Thank y'all for sharing both your hats and preferred drinks - I am learning quite a bit.
Cheers!
Raul

After going over a few of the most recent pages in this thread, I have to say I admire the bravery of taking pictures of some fine hats next to beverages contained in glasses with fairly narrow bases and/or high center of gravity. If I were to do that I'll invariable have an accident and spill them onto my hat.
Thank y'all for sharing both your hats and preferred drinks - I am learning quite a bit.
Cheers!
Raul
With Whisky & Spirits the proper glass makes a lot of difference in what you will get out of your drink. World Whisky Day comes up on Sat, May 20th. Give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo