Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Jack, with that triangular "beak" showing underneath, I think it might be a bar mounted church key opener.

Bingo ...

il_570xN.268149232.jpg

Nifty. Never saw one before.

Sent directly from my mind to yours
This type was much more common among electric cigar lighters. You touch your cigar or cigarette to the hot plate.

149qxd0.jpg

And this is a version of a dragon gas flame cigar lighter. The flame burned from the dragons mouth all the time. These are worth $thousands today to collectors.

51wx8o.jpg

This was the more common gas cigar lighter. When you pulled the T-handle toward you it opened the gas valve & moved a roller across a flint to ignite the gas. Then you leaned in & lit your cigar. Cool beans!

25gfe3k.jpg

Chamuco,

Had some Don Julio Reposado by the dram tonight. There was a slight alcohol aroma but I noticed the aroma & taste of woodsmoke right away. No medicinal taste from the alcohol though. Also picked up on the taste of vanilla & what I thought was coconut but it may have been some other spice I was unable to identify. No dried fruit or tart apples like the Blanco I tried before. No real discernible bourbon taste from the cask. Very smooth. I can see adding this to my shopping list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum