Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Went out for a few PBR’s & a Tamale Spread with Chili, under my Gannon Highwayman in natural beaver. A couple months ago prices on just about everything here started to jump in preparation for the latest minimum wage increase which took effect Jan 1. I may be drinking more at dive bars & eating more ground beef for a while until I adapt.

IMG_9442.jpeg

IMG_9443.jpeg

IMG_9445.jpeg

IMG_9441.jpeg

Once I got home I was craving something smoky from the chili.

IMG_9446.jpeg

IMG_9447.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

I raise my glass to your shorter hour weeks in the future. Tasteful pics of tasteful items. Thanks for sharing.

Went out for a few PBR’s & a Tamale Spread with Chili, under my Gannon Highwayman in natural beaver. A couple months ago prices on just about everything here started to jump in preparation for the latest minimum wage increase which took effect Jan 1. I may be drinking more at dive bars & eating more ground beef for a while until I adapt.

View attachment 584619
View attachment 584618
View attachment 584617
View attachment 584620

Once I got home I was craving something smoky from the chili.

View attachment 584616
View attachment 584615

Jack; The Colkegan you have shared before. I have that on a short "To Buy" list. As to the PBR, I did taste a PBR for the first time this summer. Hot sunny day and picked it out of an ice cold cooler. It was satisfying.

Just an add: It is indeed hard to attract staff who see wage as a top attraction. Our businesses local coffee shop pays its staff upwards of $17/hr to begin employment. Jeepers!

The last few days I have been enjoying Black Stack Laughing Llama beer. It is another hazy IPA. This local beer stands tall in this category, IMO. This local brewery has many hits and real misses for me. This hit is a treat.

i-qxctbts-M.jpg

Eric-

The Shoe

One Too Many
An 80 proof Blanco with a 100 proof Negra XA floater that you can sip off the top or mix, frozen or OTR is up to you. More bang for your buck!
To be honest, I had to look up Negra XA (so I might as well have looked up blackout margarit in the first place!), but that sounds pretty damn good. It also sounds like it packs a punch. Sipping off the top and having the flavour change as you go sounds appealing to me. What’s your preference?

To be honest, I had to look up Negra XA (so I might as well have looked up blackout margarit in the first place!), but that sounds pretty damn good. It also sounds like it packs a punch. Sipping off the top and having the flavour change as you go sounds appealing to me. What’s your preference?
I sip off the top for the first couple but by the third one I’m ready to mix. Most times I’m an OTR guy but sometimes in the mood for frozen.

Rumad

One Too Many
An 80 proof Blanco with a 100 proof Negra XA floater that you can sip off the top or mix, frozen or OTR is up to you. More bang for your buck!
I had black margaritas one time in Manhattan. Halloween parade day, when I liked people more. I thought they blackened them with charcoal (or activated carbon). They were pretty good. Because we were in the city, you can bet we paid about 4X more than you did, but I bet yours was better.

I had black margaritas one time in Manhattan. Halloween parade day, when I liked people more. I thought they blackened them with charcoal (or activated carbon). They were pretty good. Because we were in the city, you can bet we paid about 4X more than you did, but I bet yours was better.
Alan, you need to come West for a visit. The stories we could share.

TGIFHH was spent under my BSHW blue heather short nap, starting with a few KC Bier Co German Helles Lagers. As Yogi Berra once said, “It got late awful early!”

IMG_9550.jpeg

IMG_9549.jpeg

IMG_9548.jpeg

IMG_9547.jpeg

Rumad

One Too Many
HH started with a couple KC Bier CO German Winterbocks under a Stetson One-hundred I call El jefe. Winterbock is seasonal & will be disappearing soon.

IMG_9553.jpeg

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9555.jpeg

Then I celebrated (whatever occasion comes next) early with a couple of doubles of a true Japanese Single Malt Whisky, Nikka Yoichi.

IMG_9556.jpeg

IMG_9558.jpeg

IMG_9559.jpeg

Then home for some comparison doubles of my 10 yr old Japanese blend, the Shin.

IMG_9560.jpeg

IMG_9551.jpeg

This place even has a Photo Booth.

IMG_9554.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom