Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Okay, so mikespens gave me an idea for this thread. It's a "match your hat with your drink" thread. In other words, match a dark brown fedora to a Guinness or a silverbelly 7XCB to a vodka martini. Get it? And it doesn't have to be a felt color; it can be a ribbon or even an edge binding. But something needs to match the color. Maybe it's a decent thread; maybe it's too basic and pointless; or maybe I've just given you a very good reason to break out the glasses. I'll be the first...

Dark brown Dobbs with a Guinness

4F01DAA7.jpg

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Already in PJ's but I'll play along. Day old Stale Coffee Pot.
Black Acubra Adventurer 3/8" trimmed off brim all around.
I hate mirror pics, really...I'm happy in this pic.
photo.jpg

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Killer hat, blazer!! Did you trim it yourself?

Thank you, yes, I trimmed it myself, I practice blacksmithing and woodworking and such. So I assembled a jig to hold a razerblade the appropriate distance to trim off and just carefully went around the hat. Then sanded with grits up to 600 grit, and slapped the hat against my leg and blew it off with compressed air. It's just a tad stingier than a Fed IV. I'm really into a top heavy look on my hats currently, and the Adventurer had a wider than tall look, I think a Fed IV is good right out of the box.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
A & A
No, not matching hat to sangria color
but i could not resist
& heck spring will soon arrive my way
232323232%7Ffp63553%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D354635476834%3Bnu0mrj

Tom Gomez Panama & Home made Sangria.:cool:
if i threw off the theme of color sorry.
che

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
A & A
No, not matching hat to sangria color
but i could not resist
& heck spring will soon arrive my way
232323232%7Ffp63553%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D354635476834%3Bnu0mrj

Tom Gomez Panama & Home made Sangria.:cool:
if i threw off the theme of color sorry.
che

Actually, I would say that your hat ribbon is dark enough to match the darker shade of your delicious looking cocktail. Nicely done, sir. :thumb:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
All my hats go well with Apple Jack but my Stetson 100 goes the best, even with a good Scotch whisky....
atthebar.jpg

GREAT pic, Tom!! I've never had true Apple Jack. Some friends of mine have made stuff that claim to be Apple Jack, but I doubt its the same. My best friends wife is from West Virginia and she promised to get me some real Apple Jack the next time she goes back home. I can't wait!

GREAT pic, Tom!! I've never had true Apple Jack. Some friends of mine have made stuff that claim to be Apple Jack, but I doubt its the same. My best friends wife is from West Virginia and she promised to get me some real Apple Jack the next time she goes back home. I can't wait!

Thanks Josh. Wish I had known. I had a small flask of some in Texas, left it with Rusty to take home....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ