Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Holiday Spirits shopping under a Western derby a while ago.

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

If you're in the gift giving spirit of the season.

Regular Price: $499.99, Flash Sale Price: $469.95

IMG_8467.JPG

IMG_8468.JPG

Established in KY in 1856. Moved distillery to Canada during Prohibition. Famous for being the house Whiskey served at the Cotton Club.

Snowman

Practically Family
Champ Feather Weight and Chocolate Lava Cake Stout

View attachment 387216

Wonderful chocolate smell to the nose. But on to flavor… could it really taste like Chocolate Lava cake beer? As is sipped it I thought certainly not…. But after resting on the tongue a moment and breathing a bit.. I’ll be damned. That taste like chocolate cake! Wow!

View attachment 387217
I have a couple of those in my beer fridge. They are amazing!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Holiday Spirits shopping under a Western derby a while ago.

View attachment 387467

View attachment 387468

If you're in the gift giving spirit of the season.

Regular Price: $499.99, Flash Sale Price: $469.95

View attachment 387469

View attachment 387470

Established in KY in 1856. Moved distillery to Canada during Prohibition. Famous for being the house Whiskey served at the Cotton Club.

That is a lot of spirit! (Pun intended.)

I have picked up a couple Ardbeg 10's for gifts to those whiskey drinkers in my immediate family. It tok some real reserve not to pick-up whiskey for myself.

The reviews make this a whiskey to definitely try. Cheers sir.

Home this evening on a walkabout sipping a Founders Breakfast Stout. This beer I like when I can slow sip it. I enjoy the thick and tasty beer. Bitter and yet rich is exactly what I desired tonight.

i-VQLT6Ht-M.jpg

I am enjoying my walkabout tonight.

Cheers, Eric -

That is a lot of spirit! (Pun intended.)
Got the email on the flash sale; order by tomorrow 12/15, pick up order on Sat 12/18. Was going out anyway so thought I would stop in hoping for a sample; no such luck. If I was in the mood to pay that kind of money without even a sample I would spend it on a 20-25 yr old Scotch.

The reviews make this a whiskey to definitely try. Cheers sir.
Peaty but not smoky. I actually preferred the NAS Connemara Original over the 12. Probably won't buy either again.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Hats and drinks - oh yes!

Yesterday I got home from work escapades and treated myself to a Guinness Draft during a walkabout. The fading sunlight, new snow and watching my dog frolic in the brush was just relaxing.

i-RzBgnpm-M.jpg

As the sunlight disappeared I went out and sipped a Omni Brewing pilsner and watched as our neighborhood predators had dinner. My wife and I shared some seafood ramen and after watched an episode of Yellowstone. We shared some Macallan 12. No pics as we were busy watching and conversing.

Just a bit ago I started charcoal in the grill to slow roast a pork shoulder roast. My sous chef was a Founders KBS.

i-mgTffNB-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

HH @ GC under a Navy blue VS. the bright overhead lights make it photograph gray. Before I left I filled a couple growlers to help get thru the holiday shutdown.

A couple of 2-Pulls.

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

A recently tapped Vanilla Porter. A couple big mugs are just fine, anymore than two is too much vanilla for me.

IMG_3255.jpg

Back home for one more 2-Pull from a growler.

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Except for some 8's in stock there is no stock around for either Lagavulin 11 Offerman or Lagavulin 16. There are a few Ardbeg's around so I picked up an Oogie & a bottle of An Oa.

Cheers Jack! Those are dynamite picks for celebrating Holiday Cheers. Ooogie is on my short list to purchase.

Last night my dog and I wandered about in the cool weather while I sipped a Surley Supreme. Long enough were my beer got slurpy consistency in the cold weather. Time to go inside when the beer is freezing.

i-DR4RG8w-M.jpg

Best to all, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112