Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Earlier today, I was feeling as jolly as a big fat Buddha with my bubbles & berries.
View attachment 409829
Later, as birthday celebrations continued, I enjoyed an IPA from Heiwa Shuzo, a local sake and beer producer
View attachment 409825 View attachment 409826
I followed it up with a Porter. The brewer warned me about the cinnamon flavours in this beer. Even forewarned, the strength of the cinnamon flavours still surprised me. Very nice, but not an everyday quaffer.
View attachment 409828

View attachment 409827
View attachment 409838
Happy Birthday Gary.. looking good my friend.

Burning Barns Irish Red Ale under one of my Stetson 7XCB's.

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

Continuing the Irish celebration at home with a couple drams of Connemara 12 Peated Single Malt Whiskey.

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home this evening and sipping a beer that was included in a bunch of beer that my brother gave to me. He has been relocated out in N.Carolina for work and last weekend when I was gone he filled my beer fridge with his stock. Rather than move beer, he left his. Tonight I am sipping, my gift from my brother, Point Beer Lager. Steven Point Brewery, located in Wisconsin, makes this lager. I recall buying it in Grad school for a ridiculous $10-12 a case (in bottles). It is a fair lager. Not much taste to intrigue me. Corn, grassy and a crisp - hard finish. I am confident it would stand with many of the big national lagers, but seriously I do not need to stock it in any quantity. Many beers to imbibe and much less time to imbibe them - I say.

i-3ZBXTrd-M.jpg

Something in the mouth feel and taste of the Point Beer put me back inside yearning for a glass of Yamazaki 12. I understand that I should be reaching for an Irish Whiskey at this time of year, but the Yamazaki is the taste that my mind jumped to. The taste - grand! Tonight I taste cinnamon, peach and those hard toffee candies that I sucked as a child. Smooth, balanced with a hint of light chocolate on the finish. Glorious slow sipping whiskey. I have a half of a bottle left and will need to start looking in prep to replace it with another.

Tommorow I need to get to an Irish Whiskey. I will get with the spirit.

Glorious finish to my walkabout, Eric -

Last edited:
It's too early in the day for new pics, & I need to bite the dog that bit me...

But Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

IMG_8801.JPG

Just a bit of a history appropriate for the day.

During the American Civil War the CSA's Irish Brigade was made up mostly of Ulster Scot Protestants, the Union's Irish Brigade was mostly Irish Fenians. It was predestined the two brigades would meet on the battlefield & the CSA's Col John G. Kelly's brigade won the battle.

Col Kelly's Irish brigade was part of the 1st Rifle Regiment in Brigadier-General Mosby Monroe Parsons' Division, Missouri State Guard. Their slogan was "Born a rebel, die a rebel. Kin, Faith, Freedom."

Rumad

One Too Many
I still can’t have any alcohol, antibiotics you see, but this morning’s coffee went well with my antique Stetson bowler. I am identifying as Irish today. Made a humongous Shepherd’s Pie, some soda bread farls, a sourdough and some various things. Now I’m waiting for the kid outside her swim practice facility hoping she hasn’t sunk. Happy St Paddy’s y’all. Be careful out there.
8B61A345-8DCC-4482-971E-05B4D7DF0929.jpeg
740EC164-10E2-4809-AAF4-7A7F597FD0C4.jpeg
3C4DB324-05E6-474A-846A-710D982C6016.jpeg
71DEDD1E-05E2-444F-9DDF-A206FAFAD31E.jpeg
87D3C74D-DB52-43E0-A248-5FF04520D9E5.jpeg

Last edited:
My KEITH Supreme Quality derby for a Saint Patrick's Day outing to GC for some more Burning Barns Irish Red Ale.

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

I found out tonight there will be no Raising Ladders Bourbon Aged Ale this yr. Long story involving the covid shutdown & not being able to brew any of their beers for over 3-4 months.

Back home for a few drams of Connemara 12 Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey.

IMG_9443.JPG

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I still can’t have any alcohol, antibiotics you see, but this morning’s coffee went well with my antique Stetson bowler. I am identifying as Irish today. Made a humongous Shepherd’s Pie, some soda bread farls, a sourdough and some various things. Now I’m waiting for the kid outside her swim practice facility hoping she hasn’t sunk. Happy St Paddy’s y’all. Be careful out there.
View attachment 410893 View attachment 410894 View attachment 410895 View attachment 410896 View attachment 410897

That is some seriously delicious looking food! I say bowler and food at your house. Happy St.Patrick's Day.

My KEITH Supreme Quality derby for a Saint Patrick's Day outing to GC for some more Burning Barns Irish Red Ale.

View attachment 410931

View attachment 410932

View attachment 410933

View attachment 410934

View attachment 410935

View attachment 410930

I found out tonight there will be no Raising Ladders Bourbon Aged Ale this yr. Long story involving the covid shutdown & not being able to brew any of their beers for over 3-4 months.

Back home for a few drams of Connemara 12 Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey.

View attachment 410938

View attachment 410937

View attachment 410936

Happy St.Patrick's Day Jack. The Red Ale looks grand and like it could sate your desire for the Raising Ladders beer. If not, I vote the Conemara as a "grand finale" to the evening.

I got home and headed out with my dog for a walkabout with a Guinness. This was the beer to start this evening with. My wife got home and we went on another walkabout. This effort I sipped a Founders Porter. The Porter just hit the dark beer spot tonight. My wife and I agreed that we should enjoy a fire and just hang out. I poured each of us a small dram of Red Breast 12. As I post this we are enjoying being outside by the warm fire in the 38'f (4'C).

i-kG76Z63-M.jpg

Happy St.Patrick's Day to all, Eric -

i-mn5bkPR-M.jpg

Rumad

One Too Many
That is some seriously delicious looking food! I say bowler and food at your house. Happy St.Patrick's Day.

Happy St.Patrick's Day Jack. The Red Ale looks grand and like it could sate your desire for the Raising Ladders beer. If not, I vote the Conemara as a "grand finale" to the evening.

I got home and headed out with my dog for a walkabout with a Guinness. This was the beer to start this evening with. My wife got home and we went on another walkabout. This effort I sipped a Founders Porter. The Porter just hit the dark beer spot tonight. My wife and I agreed that we should enjoy a fire and just hang out. I poured each of us a small dram of Red Breast 12. As I post this we are enjoying being outside by the warm fire in the 38'f (4'C).

i-kG76Z63-M.jpg

Happy St.Patrick's Day to all, Eric -

i-mn5bkPR-M.jpg
Thank you, Eric! You’re welcome here any time, bring your elastic waistband pants. I love feeding people.

Rumad

One Too Many
Stopped for a little HH with my boy at one of our local breweries, I enjoyed their Randall Knife IPA and my son enjoyed some house made root beer. It'll be a few years before we enjoy a beer together but this was pretty close. Wearing my 3X OR. View attachment 411252
House made root beer!! That’s the stuff childhood dreams are made of. Maybe a scoop of vanilla ice cream in there….

Met a group of longtime business friends made up of MU Tigers, KU Jayhawks & Iowa Hawkeyes to watch KU defeat Creighton to move on to the Sweet 16. Sports bars were packed but we were able to get into a place with prime seating! Under a Stetson 7X.

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

Anytime KU plays in a tournament there's bound to be DUI checkpoints set up early. Home before the checkpoints!

Met a group of longtime business friends made up of MU Tigers, KU Jayhawks & Iowa Hawkeyes to watch KU defeat Creighton to move on to the Sweet 16. Sports bars were packed but we were able to get into a place with prime seating! Under a Stetson 7X.

View attachment 411539

View attachment 411538

View attachment 411536

View attachment 411537

View attachment 411540
Anytime KU plays in a tournament there's bound to be DUI checkpoints set up early. Home before the checkpoints!
michael-scott-wink.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko