Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

I would definitely order Moose Drool Brown Ale if nothing else but for the experience of such a cool named beer. Was it worthy for hunting down?
It's widely distributed & available here in bottles & cans; never seen it on tap. Same thing with their India Pale Ale. The Drool has a nice roasted Malt taste & easy drinking yr around @ 5% ABV. Nice mouth feel without being too thick. It would pair well with a strong cigar with a dark wrapper or even a light Connecticut Shade wrapper & let the beer dominate.

I saved this chart rating an agave harvest & the numbers are not important. I circled the flavors that I like in a Tequila & soon realized with a little "plug & play" with a few other descriptors the chart could be used for other complex beverages. To sub for agave & black pepper I might add smoky, nutty, malty in my circle. For Speyside Single Malt I would want dried/fried fruit.

IMG_0249.jpg

What would your chart look like?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It's widely distributed & available here in bottles & cans; never seen it on tap. Same thing with their India Pale Ale. The Drool has a nice roasted Malt taste & easy drinking yr around @ 5% ABV. Nice mouth feel without being too thick. It would pair well with a strong cigar with a dark wrapper or even a light Connecticut Shade wrapper & let the beer dominate.

I saved this chart rating an agave harvest & the numbers are not important. I circled the flavors that I like in a Tequila & soon realized with a little "plug & play" with a few other descriptors the chart could be used for other complex beverages. To sub for agave & black pepper I might add smoky, nutty, malty in my circle. For Speyside Single Malt I would want dried/fried fruit.

View attachment 427249

What would your chart look like?
Jack I do not have as much experience but I will contribute.

Pepper, Citrus, Minerals, Earth, Flowers and fruit. Having a shelf with many different bottles I can have smoky, malty, dark earth, and cherry options. More often than not I choose on a whim and not necessarily a taste sweet spot.

An example recently was my choice to sip a Yami 12 after having a beer socailly. The Japanese whiskey provided a fruity ending after have some sour IPA's.

At some point I should start doing comparison pours.

Eric -

Rumad

One Too Many
Back to the Tap Room under my Dunlap Supreme 4X for some Smithwicks Irish Ale. Smooth & easy drinking at 4.5% ABV. More of that good malty flavor.

6ACCBEA0-DCF9-4F02-B418-AD785A9A4F49.jpeg

6C976735-9620-4673-B2EF-00158931A40F.jpeg

96ACF24E-49F9-4C28-B414-9B5A39734811.jpeg

3B08E8F6-C26F-4CD3-954E-157F7F09D417.jpeg

31DF4ECC-6C09-45D8-872B-C2FC13A85B05.jpeg

B3D374C4-0DFB-4594-A6FD-16C650A5C577.jpeg

2688A55A-4DE3-467D-9FCD-8A9D151172B5.jpeg

Then a Boulder Beer Shake Chocolate Porter desert beer @ 5.9%. Every time I've had a chocolate desert beer it always makes me think it might be good in front of a tv snacking on white popcorn or popped Milo. By itself drinking one is definitely enough.

3B5EB9AC-91AD-443D-99D3-E85233083A92.jpeg

BigHat

New in Town

Scooterz

Practically Family
Back to the Tap Room under my Dunlap Supreme 4X for some Smithwicks Irish Ale. Smooth & easy drinking at 4.5% ABV. More of that good malty flavor.

View attachment 427814

View attachment 427815

View attachment 427817

View attachment 427813

View attachment 427816

View attachment 427818

View attachment 427819

Then a Boulder Beer Shake Chocolate Porter desert beer @ 5.9%. Every time I've had a chocolate desert beer it always makes me think it might be good in front of a tv snacking on white popcorn or popped Milo. By itself drinking one is definitely enough.

View attachment 427820

Chocolate and porter, sound perfect.

The 90 Schilling Amber must be high quality as it bears the 90 Shilling label.

(Historically the Scottish were taxed high quality beer 90 shillings.)

Cheers, Eric -
I had heard that or read that before somewhere as to how it came to get its name. I've drank 90 Schillings before & enjoyed it but it's not real common here. There is a local franchise pub operation with 5-6 locations around & they have it. Now it's at the Tap Room as well. If you find it you should try it.

NTD! Was comped a couple double pours by the bar manager on some Baluarte Reposado Tequila. When I saw the black bottle I was expecting some black Tequila. Instead what poured out was a clear Repo with just a hint of a yellow hue. Tastes of smooth cooked agave with butter, honey & oak hit first, followed by fruit pie, chocolate, & black licorice anise. No pepper. Could be a regular winner depending on its price point & competition.

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

Another outing with my SBCD before it gets boxed for the summer.

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko