Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Founders All Day IPA is my choice for an evening jaunt outside.

i-b8FrMSR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

The Shoe

One Too Many
Alcoholic adventures in Aotearoa. I may have posted some of these before, but here we go.

Celebrating the afternoon/evening before departure with some bubbly and a Shiraz.
P1000616.jpg
P1000619.jpg

I chose my Akubra Stylemaster in acorn fawn for the trip.
P1000620.jpg

We wasted no time upon arrival. This time, the hat is a Bailey Toyo that I managed to transport in my suitcase without making it too wonky.
Monteith'ss Black...
P1000626.jpg

Monteith's Breakers Low Carb IPA...
P1000627.jpg

and a Mac's Green Beret IPA, my favourite of the day.
P1000628.jpg

On our trip up north, Etsuko enjoyed the Mac's Magic Hour Hazy Pale Ale, while I had more Green Beret. Etsuko's hat is her Akubra Leisure Time in light sand.
FLP1000678.jpg

More Green Beret IPA for me.
FLP1000670.jpg

Later it was an South Australian Shiraz - Elephant in the Room...
P1000688.jpg

...and just a little Glen Moray 15.
P1000697.jpg

Thanks Jack.
It was a Christmas or birthday present from Etsuko several years back. For a long time, it got very little use, but I’ve managed to pull it out a little more regularly in the last couple of years.
Very nice gift Gary, especially if it is solid sterling silver or sterling silver plate. Etsuko has good tastes! I watch for them & my favs are hammertone or Art Deco flasks. Now that distillers have gone down from pint bottles to 250 & 300ml in the US I could use one From time to time.

Been posting my HH’ers of late somewhere else so I didn’t include my hat, but I was wearing a Worth-Walden in the mist & rain tonight. Drank a few new KC Bier Co German Dunkelbocks @ 10% ABV. Spice & dark fruit, bourbon, coffee beans & dark chocolate. I’m thinking this would be a good beer for bbq smoked Burnt Ends or bbq Smoked Brisket.

ECA8F471-A8F3-4477-B73D-13F4BDA5E13F.jpeg

Tell me more about the Japanese Old Fashioned. How does it differ from a classic Old Fashioned?
Ha… somehow I knew I might be asked about that.. should have made better note :) I believe it was a regular old fashioned using a Japanese whiskey

actually…. From PF Chang website….

JAPANESE OLD FASHIONED
Mars Iwai 45 Japanese Whisky, bitters, pure cane sugar, smoky aromatics

was quite tasty indeed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ