Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Dobbs Cross Country and Peanut Butter Deja Moo

Attention to detail on my part would have told me that in addition to peanut butter and chocolate… this beer apparently also features chipotles. Attention to that same detail may have led the brewers of this beer to give it some of that chipotle flavor… as much as I did not notice it on the can when I purchased…. my taste buds did not detect it either. Very tasty beer none the less… if you go for a sort of peanut butter chocolate malt.

52BBAFD5-5300-4CA1-B9D8-83BC808D8382.jpeg
9E30BD2D-3125-4A28-93A0-FDAD4308E877.jpeg

To be honest, it’s just another beer. It was my beer of choice many years ago, but it’s really not much different from any other Japanese big brewery beer.
Thanks Gary, that’s good to know. I was intrigued because that is just about the only Japanese brew that I know of offered around here. Being a Pilsner I was curious how special it might be. Thanks again. I’ll pass on purchasing any.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This past week I actually made time to go out to a bar. I met with some folks that I see at different locations during the weekends locally and within the upper midwest. We met at a bar and then moved to a bar/pizza joint. Great time. Much better than I imagined.

I started the evening with a fruit sour - Fruit Smuggler. I was curious as it is made with soursop. I have never heard of it. Turns out it is a fruit native to South America with health benefits (insert FDA disclaimer) and a controversial past. It’s tart and tangy with hints of citrus, strawberry and apple. I actually enjoyed the tart apple taste.

i-TzcMNWC-M.jpg

At the pizza jopint I got to sample a Pryes Brewing Co. Lost Moon. This 12.5% barrel aged Imperial Stout. Chocolate, malt, vanilla and caramel arrived and coated my mouth. Lot's of love for an Imperial Stout. Some pizza and a second Lost Moon completed my evening. The Uber driver delivered me home well before midnight. Just some glorious conversation with fellow professionals, grand pizza and really tasty beers. I could do this again!

i-HVrwRgb-M.jpg

Sunday evening I went and picked up a couple of crowlers of the Fruit Smuggler and one of the Lost Moon. Delicious a second time. I shared the beers with my wife and she agreed that we should make time to pick these and perhaps other offerings up. Sweet - I will plan another outing.

Cheers to all, Eric -

This past week I actually made time to go out to a bar. I met with some folks that I see at different locations during the weekends locally and within the upper midwest. We met at a bar and then moved to a bar/pizza joint. Great time. Much better than I imagined.

I started the evening with a fruit sour - Fruit Smuggler. I was curious as it is made with soursop. I have never heard of it. Turns out it is a fruit native to South America with health benefits (insert FDA disclaimer) and a controversial past. It’s tart and tangy with hints of citrus, strawberry and apple. I actually enjoyed the tart apple taste.

i-TzcMNWC-M.jpg

At the pizza jopint I got to sample a Pryes Brewing Co. Lost Moon. This 12.5% barrel aged Imperial Stout. Chocolate, malt, vanilla and caramel arrived and coated my mouth. Lot's of love for an Imperial Stout. Some pizza and a second Lost Moon completed my evening. The Uber driver delivered me home well before midnight. Just some glorious conversation with fellow professionals, grand pizza and really tasty beers. I could do this again!

i-HVrwRgb-M.jpg

Sunday evening I went and picked up a couple of crowlers of the Fruit Smuggler and one of the Lost Moon. Delicious a second time. I shared the beers with my wife and she agreed that we should make time to pick these and perhaps other offerings up. Sweet - I will plan another outing.

Cheers to all, Eric -
I just go for the good conversation. I usually take one for the Gipper & choke down some alcohol.

HH today spent under my BSHW short nap blue heather & several German Hefeweizen Ales, a Bavarian style Wheat by KC Bier Co. Nice flavors of clove or nutmeg & baking spices @ 5.2% ABV so not overpowering.

9AD1C35F-A266-4136-AC17-4FBD037C0EE8.jpeg

8FA450EF-62B1-467B-8A6B-89827ED4F278.jpeg

1DA79E05-014B-4E80-9623-56E561EFB9D5.jpeg

A German Hefeweizen is a nice compliment to a plate of good spicy Jambalaya, minus the chives on top.

B373EFDE-2DEB-4CB3-80EC-F2BD1AC7F5B9.jpeg

A couple of drams of Colkegan Mesquite Smoked Single Malt Apple Brandy Cask Finished at home will complete the evening.

New microbrewery finished their buildout & finally opened. They specialize in brewing German & Czech brews. I headed out under my Kevin O’Farrell 3x6 Rancher.

F958F1BF-317D-4F4D-9E07-BD04B1F45BC3.jpeg

They have been open for a month (I’m slipping) & sold out of most of their German brews. So I started with some Cigar City Jai Alai @ 7.5% ABV.

070BAE84-784B-4956-9DD1-1988E609DE26.jpeg

9D31C9FF-A394-46B3-91BC-989B60910069.jpeg

4436B612-D286-426D-9614-C8CF0F700A43.jpeg

Then it was time to try their German Winter Wit beer @ 5.3% ABV.

049DC681-5316-49F8-92AA-E57BCAFE82DE.jpeg

Any finally their German Kolsch, my least favorite of all German style beers. 5.2% ABV.

E3B291AE-F433-42D1-A97F-B09CF5DC851C.jpeg

I‘ll get back to try their other German & Czech brews soon.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
New microbrewery finished their buildout & finally opened. They specialize in brewing German & Czech brews. I headed out under my Kevin O’Farrell 3x6 Rancher.

View attachment 487018

They have been open for a month (I’m slipping) & sold out of most of their German brews. So I started with some Cigar City Jai Alai @ 7.5% ABV.

View attachment 487016
View attachment 487015
View attachment 487017

Then it was time to try their German Winter Wit beer @ 5.3% ABV.

View attachment 487014

Any finally their German Kolsch, my least favorite of all German style beers. 5.2% ABV.

View attachment 487013

I‘ll get back to try their other German & Czech brews soon.

Interesting concept specializing in German & Czech brews. That is uncommon in my neighborhoods. I look forward to more of your "reporting."

Yesterday home after a bit of work travel I sipped an Omni Supreme outside. Yes outside. It was comfortable to be walking outside. Hurrah!

i-r6Bx6cC-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -

Interesting concept specializing in German & Czech brews. That is uncommon in my neighborhoods. I look forward to more of your "reporting."

Yesterday home after a bit of work travel I sipped an Omni Supreme outside. Yes outside. It was comfortable to be walking outside. Hurrah!

i-r6Bx6cC-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -
The best beers in the world are brewed in Bavaria. A German bartender can teach a lot about pouring a beer & the best glass to use for maximum flavor & enjoyment.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family

i-r6Bx6cC-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -
Good day, your posts are always appreciated- If I may ask a question, and if I am not being nosy: are your libation-accompanied walks for exercise, or do you perform tasks on your property? I would like to think you stroll outside, brew in hand, to commune with nature and catch a breath away from the usual hurley-burley, and then share that with us...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day, your posts are always appreciated- If I may ask a question, and if I am not being nosy: are your libation-accompanied walks for exercise, or do you perform tasks on your property? I would like to think you stroll outside, brew in hand, to commune with nature and catch a breath away from the usual hurley-burley, and then share that with us...

Hey Julian - good question. Allow me to clarify, the soirees are the purposeful, selfish and is my relaxing evening moment. Exercise is done in the morning and early afternoon. My daily work has me very physically active and in the evening I am tired mentally and physically. For me "up and atom" is before 6:00 am so I do not usually stay up late. My daily work does have me busy Monday-Saturdays. In addition eighteen weekends this year I am scheduled to travel. I do love what I do during the day/night so it does not usually seem like an onerous schedule.

My walkabouts are done around the property and down near the lake. Sipping a libation is a pleasure.

Cheers folks, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ