Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
An evening walkabout sipping a Surley Drips and Drops. This hazy IPA beer is a year around offering and one that I find tasty.

i-qqgcGRL-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

The Shoe

One Too Many
Not drinking it today, but I bought a ticket in a whisky lottery a couple of days ago. Everyone gets a bottle, but you don’t know what you’ll get until it arrives on your doorstep. I paid 6600 yen plus 600 postage. I didn’t get the Hibiki 30 I was hoping for, but I’m pretty happy with the one I received. It goes for 17,000 yen.
I will cherish this one.
IMG_2230.jpeg

Today’s hat was a vintage Stylemaster.
IMG_2231.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Friday was a Bent Paddle pilsner kind of night.

i-XqdcTML-M.jpg

Yesterday I enjoyed a Bent Paddle (Duluth MN brewer) pilsner.

i-6BHmHDj-M.jpg

Before yard chores, during yard chores (flooded the leaf blower) and after the chores. Surley pilsner, Bent Paddle pilsner and a Founders Porter.

i-gsFxm97-M.jpg

i-5MpwvLL-M.jpg

Ah the pleasures of a day off.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
Dobbs Fifteen with Voodoo Ranger Juice Force IPA and Schofferhofer watermelon mint to cheer on the Miami Dolphins to a heart attack win over the Cowboys on this Christmas Eve game. Looks like my focus was a bit off in that first one.. maybe to 9.5% ABV.

IMG_20231224_165413228_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231224_175220849_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

On Christmas Day I enjoyed some Glenmorangie 18 Highland Malt.

IMG_6327.jpeg

Back in the day it is said a shot of “Red Eye” cost a pinch of gold dust. Red Eye Whiskey was made from blending one barrel of whiskey, two barrels of water, a few pinches of tobacco, a bit of strychnine & a few drops from camphor weed. Cowboys were known to drop dead after a couple of shots if the shots were drawn from the bottom of a barrel.

Rumad

One Too Many
Had a busy, stressful day yesterday taking the wife in for a procedure. All good and she’s good. I wore the VS black cherry but didn’t take a picture. At home relaxing with an old fashioned made from a special single malt rye. (And then another from a special “bourbon”). At 123 proof or so I add about a tablespoon of RO water. Super delicious. Have a great weekend y’all, And happy new year.
IMG_2371.jpeg
IMG_2370.jpeg

Last edited:
HH under a 1950’s Stetson No. 1Q with a few KC Bier Co Winterbock dark German Doppelbock Lagers @ 8.25% ABV, & a double Fortaleza Repo tequila served neat. “COMMON PEOPLE, RARE WHISKEY”. I just noticed the letter “A” in RARE is the shape of a Glencairn Whiskey glass. Top shelf!

IMG_9294.jpeg

IMG_9295.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg

IMG_9296.jpeg

Then home for a pour of First Editions 2014 independent bottling of Longmorn 18 yr old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Like drinking white wine while eating a sweet fresh yellow pear @ 105 proof. Bottle #93 of 253. I was lucky to get a bottle on a Flash Sale pre-order. Drink sparingly.

IMG_9298.jpeg

IMG_9299.jpeg

IMG_9300.jpeg

IMG_9301.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
While in Kobe the other day, we came across the Open Air Brewery’s tap room, so decided to go in. We sat in the small downstairs area. I started with a glass of Night Walk Coffee Stout, Etsuko an Open Air IPA.
IMG_2296.jpeg

Both very nice, though the coffee stout was not quite as good as the Minoh Brewing version. I would have liked it to be a little heavier.

I was in my new Black Cherry Hornskov Emissary.
IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg
IMG_2303.jpeg
IMG_2304.jpeg

I followed that with a pint of Roots Brown Ale, Etsuko with a glass of Golden Hour Hazy IPA.
IMG_2306.jpeg

The strength of the spices, particularly the allspice, took me by surprise in the first mouthful, but I soon got used to them, and was enjoying it a lot by the end. Both of Etsuko’s were very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR