Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on TV show Caprica

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Just saw the pilot of the upcoming series, Caprica, and hats really stood out in that show.

vlcsnap-00002.png

Anyone know who makes the hats for them?

Since this is going to be a popular series in the vein of Battlestar Galactica, I think it will really turn the public attention towards hats in the coming years... :eusa_clap

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
I'm just happy they have hats at all - it will take more than a couple of years to make people aware for both hats AND quality hats. ;)

Here's one more - seems similar enough to the others to make me believe that the manufacturer is still the same:
vlcsnap-00003.png

Ande1964

Practically Family
Nice!

I agree completely. Hats in mainstream media are a good thing. I don't care if there's a little taper, or the ribbons aren't vintage enough, or even if they're wool! I like it!

Still bugs me the way Jon Hamm wears his on Mad Men, though... ;)

Anj

HATCO

Vendor
well considering it's supposed to take place on another planet and not earth....who is to say what the taper or style is supposed to look like....

On/off topic Doesn't Caprica kind of mess up the whole story line point of BSG?

I didn't think it was going to be a show.... just a mini movie type thing...

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
HATCO said:
I didn't think it was going to be a show.... just a mini movie type thing...
Yes, Caprica is going to be a series. There's going to be a separate TV movie to "end" the Battlestar Galactica series, however, and it may be that you've mixed the two.

stealthboy

New in Town
The first episode after the pilot ("Rebirth") had even more hats! They are also throwing in some vintage cars. I think they're definitely shooting for the vintage-future look, so it's great to see a lot of the guys wearing hats as a general rule. Mostly black stingy fedoras.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
I've just started watching the copies of Caprica on my DVR, and I am happy to see all the hats... It's too bad its a 'sci-fi period piece'... I'd love to see more hats in 'modern time' TV/Movies...

I guess I still have a lot to learn about hats based on the comments about the hats in Caprica. I like Joseph Adama's hat, honestly. I can't really tellmuch about the quality from TV.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I don't mind the Joseph hat, and I think I know what it is. I rented the dvd of the pilot, and had a chance to study it while I had a Bencraft catalog on my end table (it happened to arrive that day). I'm almost certain it's a Stetson Saxon.

Also, I might have spotted a couple of other Stetsons in there and the series; the Frederick, the Lowden... maybe more.

They may not be the best lids, but they aren't horrible. Well, some of them aren't. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24