Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haversack seal leather (yes!) jacket, unique piece made in Japan. Size M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albe64

One of the Regulars
The japanese supercult brand Haversack never produced this jacket, which exists in only 2 samples. So, more than rare....I'd say collector's item.
Unfortunately I am not a collector and not being able to wear it on my bike, I have almost never worn it....This is why I am thinking about selling this gem. The jacket speaks in itself...super buttery SEAL leather (yes!) and I guess you have never seen anything like this before. The grain is unbelievable (and the jacket is still brand new). Lining in amazing houndsteeth wool, japanese details, wooden buttons and all the things you should expect from a collector's item. The pattern and the inspiration is a mix between a U-boat jacket and a pilot, directly from the genius' mind of Norihide Koji. Tag's size says M and I'd say it is a 40sh on the tight side...(more measures for those interested)
I am asking 1.600 euros plus shipping (from Italy), and I think it is a very fair price for this gem.

Attachments

• H1.jpg
    H1.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 462
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 462
  • H3.jpg
    H3.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 449
  • H4.jpg
    H4.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 436
  • H5.jpg
    H5.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 424
  • H6.jpg
    H6.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 356
  • H8.jpg
    H8.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 328
  • H9.jpg
    H9.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 294
  • H13.jpg
    H13.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 272
  • H14.jpg
    H14.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 465

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Wow, I'm very intrigued, what's the story behind this? Was it custom for you?
More or less....I saw the jacket in Haversack's booth in Pitti Uomo exhibition and ordered one for me (Norihide-san very kindly accepted). Then I discovered that it never got to production....What amazes me most is that at today I still haven't seen another garment in seal leather...and believe me, the texture and touch are from another dimension....

Leather_nube

New in Town
Lovely jacket, curious qustion. There seems to be a bit of red tape involved with the trade of fur seal products in both the EU and the USA.

Within the EU trade is banned as far as I can tell, see:

1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_ban_on_seal_products
2) https://op.europa.eu/fr/publication...d71a1/language-en/format-PDF/source-277214614

Within the USA there appears to be similar, see:

I haven't spent a lot of time looking at all the details and it's not possible to tell the species of Fur Seal from the label, maybe this is a useful resource (http://www.poletopolecampaign.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Factsheet-Southern-fur-seal.pdf). Presumably there is some documentation supplied with this jacket that would identify the species and allow it's sale within the EU or export/import between the EU and, for example, USA?

Beautiful grain.

jean luc rossi

New in Town
bonjour,
très belle pièce !!!
pouvez vous me préciser la taille et le poids du mannequin sur vos photos ?
la couleur du cuir est elle noir ou gris anthracite ?
merci !

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Hi, thank you for your appreciation! I (the model) am 1,80mt and 79 kilos...the color is matt black.
bonjour,
très belle pièce !!!
pouvez vous me préciser la taille et le poids du mannequin sur vos photos ?
la couleur du cuir est elle noir ou gris anthracite ?
merci !
I

Leather_nube

New in Town
Any idea whether the buying or selling of this Fur Seal product is legal or illegal? Presumably EU regulations apply if shipping from Italy?

Potential buyers would likely be happy to know their purchase will make it past customs.

Cheers

Albe64

One of the Regulars

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Hi, I am still considering selling this gem...but I am also wondering if it's a keeper....maybe it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana