Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Having a half belt made by Aero

Graemsay

Practically Family
I'm guessing they'll honour standing orders pre-change in policy - though I think the tartans are now limited to four types. My last conversation with Amanda was that there was a choice of Royal Stuart, Black Stuart, weathered Grant and Black Watch. All pretty nice and enough spread of colours so they'll match the various leathers.

Will used to drive up the road to Lochcarron to pick up pieces of tartan for custom linings. That never struck me as an efficient way to run things. If the choice is being dropped to four then I'm guessing that's another stage of the rationalisation process.

I suspect that if you want something else then it might be possible to source it and send it through.

celestynnm

New in Town
Excuse me
can you tell me your height and weight?

i'm 5'8", 148lbs.... 30s half belt size....38 or 40...;;
thanks

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
It depends on the fit you like. I would probably go 36. I could wear a watermelon under my 40 and I am both taller and heavier than celestynnm.

wdw

One Too Many
I'm taller and heavier too and went 38 on a similar style, as there seemed to be too much under the shoulders at the back on the 40 for my weedy frame.

winterland1

Practically Family
As you can see the opinions vary on sizing.
Go by the measurements of a jacket that fits you. Sizing 38, 40 etc of a jacket means nothing without the actual measurements.
pit to pit
shoulder to shoulder seam
bottom of back collar to back bottom
arm length, shoulder seam to end of sleeve
waist is good to get also.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Well, I can tell you that height/weight aren't going to result in an accurate jacket size. Some are barrel chested with toothpick legs and some are vice versa. What is your chest measurement?

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I've often wondered why I hear weight so often cited in these things (in particular from US based folks). I can only assume it's a common, easy way for a company to get some warning that measurements might be inaccurate, say if someone lists themselves as a 32" waist, 300lb weight, or 40" waist, weighing 98lbs... Mind you, even then it's no guarantee: I used to work with a lady who gained about 14lbs in the run up to her weddin,g but actually had to have the dress taken in when she went for the final fitting. She was a black belt in Karate, and her weight gain was all muscle mass, which I am told weighs more than fat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo