Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
1940's Surfriders Sportswear. Marked size M but measures more like an S. I've seen the print called, "How to Get to Hawaii". :)

P1070201.JPG
P1070203.JPG

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Donna and welcome to the Lounge. That's a very tasty design and color combo. Most of the new stuff is too flashy for my tastes but unfortunately almost all vintage shirts are too small for me.

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
Very nice Donna and welcome to the Lounge. That's a very tasty design and color combo. Most of the new stuff is too flashy for my tastes but unfortunately almost all vintage shirts are too small for me.

Thanks for the welcome, Mike. :) I hoped to work this piece into my own wardrobe but I need a true M. The feel of the silky rayon on these old shirts is just lovely!

Thats a killer shirt V.V. Welcome to the fun.
That's the kind of stuff that sometimes makes me wish there was less of me around. Even if I stumble across the rare original xl, it fits more like a medium.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Some off season pick ups, still too early to wear though. First, the classic palaka with coconut buttons. For some reason very hard to find on-line, at least in my size and in blue. I imagine they would be everywhere on the islands. Thanks to fellow Lounger maduro5 for the line on this one helping to fulfill a long standing jones. Had to step up and pay for this one:

Not sure what drew me to this Pacific Legend made in Hawaii in 100% cotton and coconut buttons, maybe the subdued colors or maybe it because it was cheap:

Finally, my new favorite shirt, a Kahala made in Hawaii in a rayon/cotton/lined blend. Combines some favorite design themes of mine, fish, an atomic looking design, favorite colors, coconut buttons, and best of all it was a steal:

Better pix of the color without backlighting:

Last edited:
Good one Richard. Cheers.

Mike the Kahala is sweeeet. I saw the action shots. Looked like you and Che had a great time.

Looking forward to seeing what the warmer weather brings out

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Yeah, the Kamehameha's are some of the best newly made shirts I've found that are doing vintage patterns.

Here's another recent pickup I just snapped some pics of. "Tiger" 100% Rayon, Made in Hawaii, genuine coconut buttons, double needled sleeve and side seam, matched print pocket, top button collar tab.

a665f284_aloha_book_13.jpeg

90bf219b_aloha_book_14.jpeg

a22fdb8c_aloha_book_15.jpeg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice to see some action on this thread!

Real nice repops bl@ster, oh how I wish I were a medium. Hope your enjoying the local weather too.

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Hey Mike, yeah the PNW weather today is amazing -- good enough to break out one of these Alohas!

BTW, I found a new reference coffee table book on Aloha Shirts that is quite beautiful and well put together. Got mine at a local bookstore in DT Seattle, the book is called My Freedamn! No. Seven -- Vintage Beach Fashions by Rin Tanaka.

Here are a couple snapshots in case you're interested:

82a5ef38_aloha_book_01.jpeg

baac0f1a_aloha_book_02.jpeg

8efff402_aloha_book_04.jpeg

c4472024_aloha_book_09.jpeg

4fdbe4f5_aloha_book_19.jpeg

e8153f0f_aloha_book_23.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou