Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

mullitt

Familiar Face
I’ve built up a modest collection of Hawaiian shirts - all from thrift stores. I like the silky ones alright but greatly prefer the cotton ones. This is probably the one that gets the most wear, just a simple Penney’s red shirt with nice buttons and hidden guitars in the design.
51B8C6F4-885D-4160-8058-21DF368A6005.jpeg
B8B070FF-984C-4889-9FB9-3BB9C5E07B18.jpeg
C46B193E-F761-4143-A7FE-4EBA25251881.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
aloha 037.JPG

I'm praying for rain in California
So the grapes can grow and they can make more wine
And I'm sitting in a honky in Chicago
With a broken heart and a woman on my mind

I matched the man behind the bar for the jukebox
And the music takes me back to Tennessee
And they asked who's the fool in the corner, crying?
I say a little ole wine drinker me.

Beast

New in Town
Hey guys, a quick question. Where can I find long sleeved aloha-shirt? And as an extra: with (relatively) quick shipping to the Netherlands?
I have a wedding coming up and need something snazzy under my suit :)

mullitt

Familiar Face
As far as I know (from pictures, movies and doing it myself), everyone just wears short sleeve aloha shirts under their suit jackets.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 345308

I'm praying for rain in California
So the grapes can grow and they can make more wine
And I'm sitting in a honky in Chicago
With a broken heart and a woman on my mind

I matched the man behind the bar for the jukebox
And they asked who's the fool in the corner, crying?
I say a little ole wine drinker me.
That hat wearing, Aloha shirt loving fellow, looks almost intelligent in that photo. Unbeknown to him the photographer caught him with his guard down.
aloha 036.JPG

What was it that Dean Martin sang?

"I matched the man behind the bar for the jukebox
When they ask who's the fool in the corner crying
I say a little ole wine drinker me
I say a little ole wine drinker me."

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Travel shirt 001.JPG

Tina spotted the fabric for this shirt at a festival, brought it home and made the shirt. It's so unusual, depicting travel scenes from the era of steam trains and ocean liners, it never fails to draw attention. Today a lady complimented my shirt and when I told her that it was hand made, she said that she would love a blouse style shirt in the same fabric.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thank you to everyone who has passed on kind compliments about my shirts. You probably know that they are all bespoke, made by wife, Tina.
The lady is not one for internet forums, she would much prefer to be occupied in her cabin, our bulging wardrobes testifies to that.

The latest shirt that she's making has garnered quite a bit of attention since I posted photos of the fabric and a few of the panels that had been cut from the paper pattern. That shirt is now nearing completion. The hems need finishing off as well as the buttons and button holes, but it's starting to look like an Aloha shirt.

blue aloha shirt 001.JPG blue aloha shirt 002.JPG blue aloha shirt 003.JPG blue aloha shirt 004.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto