Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heavy canvas pants

Alexi

One of the Regulars
I'm looking for a pair of pants like carhartts or llbean Katahdin pants. Think nice thick canvas, but without the carpenter features. anyone have any ideas?

HatRak

Familiar Face
Duluth Trading Company

has a "fire hose" canvas work pant. Heavy 10.5 ounce cotton canvas in a couple of different styles, some with carpenter features, some without.

That said, I have a pair of Timberland khakis that are heavy cotton canvas with leather/faux leather belt loops that I picked up at Costco that are very close to what you're describing.

morgan

New in Town
I have a pair of of the Orvis brand canvas pants that are my favorite. I picked them up at a "Goodwill" for about $5.

Morgan

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I have a pair of French tanker? despatch? overpants, made from canvas so heavy they practically stand up on their own. Double thickness knees and seat, self belted, cinch ankles. I think they come up on ebay from time to time. Add some pocketbags to the pass-through pockets and you've got yourself some extremely rugged trousers.

Chad

New in Town
I am also looking for a pair of canvas pants, but my requests are a little more narrow. I would need them in button fly and straight leg. Guess I'm outta luck, though (aside from having them made, which doesn't look to be in my price range).
[huh]

Doublegun

Practically Family
Chad said:
I am also looking for a pair of canvas pants, but my requests are a little more narrow. I would need them in button fly and straight leg. Guess I'm outta luck, though (aside from having them made, which doesn't look to be in my price range).
[huh]

Filson dry-finish double-tim. I believe they have a button fly - and you will NEVER find a heavier canvas pant. NEVER.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo