Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Helloooooo Fedora Lounge!

mjbrekke

New in Town
(Newbie. Gotta get my 15 posts in so I can PM again.)

Hello to all my fellow fedora lovers. I looked all over for a group like this when I started wearing fine hats 6 years ago. None existed, of course. Wonderful to see that one has finally appeared.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
hey hi and hat ho

i think a question is in order ...so you can answer and post again.

what hat do you like/wear best/most ?

welcome:cheers1:

mjbrekke

New in Town
Well, let's see...First, I must confess that I have dozens of hats of all styles, and most of the time I quickly toss on a baseball cap. But, my favorites are definitely my fedoras. Of my collection...

I wear most a brown Cavanagh Edge (1 3/4" brim). That's my "everyday knock around" hat. Bought it at "the world's biggest garage sale" for $1. It was toward the bottom of a barrel of hats, dirty, crushed, but otherwise fine and it fit like a glove. Had it cleaned and blocked and it's great. Later, I found a nearly identical one on eBay in much nicer condition. When I wear out the first one in 30 years, I'll start breaking in the second.

I wear second most a black Harvard 40 (1 5/8" brim). That's my "everyday dress" hat. I think I got that one off eBay.

In summer when working in the yard, I wear an Amish straw hat (must be about a 4" brim) that, yes, I picked up in an Amish community here in MN.

But my favorite is a brown velour Dobbs porkpie (1 7/8" brim). Another eBay find. Could be my everyday, but it's so cool I want it to make an impression whenever I wear it, so I only bring it out every now and then.

I'll put pics up as soon as I get a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner