Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help: boots for narrow feet

Zeltbahn

One of the Regulars
Anyone got suggestions for quality boots that work with relatively narrow feet? And also might be available in Europe?

I've been once measured on Brannock and it looked like 11B.

My experiences with some common footwear brands:

Red Wing IR / Blacksmith: Fits fine in US 9.5 but a bit tight in toe area with a boot sock. Might work in size 10. But I hate the (celastic?) "bump" toe that is almost in their every model. Only pair that looks good to my eyes in their lace up boots is the 9060 flat-toe Beckman which is almost never available anywhere.

John Lofgren M-43 / Combat Boot: One of the best looking boots out there but the instep and heel felt too roomy. Size 9.5 too short, size 10 good in length but just too roomy all over. Cannot lace them tight enough and the eyelets already meet at the half between.

Viberg 2030: Good fit in heel and instep but toes cramped in size 9 - not sure if 9.5 or 10 would fit me good but concerned if it would be too wide again since this is supposed to be E-width last?

I've been looking at White's and Nick's Handmade boots and the latter has especially very nice looking "officer boots" but it'll be quite expensive order from USA to Europe + wait time is few months.

I've now bought about 4 pairs of boots during the year but sold them all because the fit hasn't just been good for the price.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Suggest Nicks, Wesco & White's - even with the cost of importing, you can get them made to measure - this is what you want. I am ~ 11.5C "ideally" but it all depends on the last.

Zeltbahn

One of the Regulars
Suggest Nicks, Wesco & White's - even with the cost of importing, you can get them made to measure - this is what you want. I am ~ 11.5C "ideally" but it all depends on the last.

These three brands are the ones I've looked and they all seem good. I will probably go ahead with Nick's as I really like their 8 inch Officer model.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hey sir, that's a good choice. I did order a pair from Nick's and it did take a while (and now a bit longer due to Covid restrictions in place). I wuld reccommend the "fit boot" process if you can take that amount of time. They actually send you a pair of boots based upon your tracings and have you try threm out. Worked well for me. Also they are still all made by hand and are very well finished. They are primarily stichdown construction, so build to last decades, not just a few years (or months).

Zeltbahn

One of the Regulars
Hey sir, that's a good choice. I did order a pair from Nick's and it did take a while (and now a bit longer due to Covid restrictions in place). I wuld reccommend the "fit boot" process if you can take that amount of time. They actually send you a pair of boots based upon your tracings and have you try threm out. Worked well for me. Also they are still all made by hand and are very well finished. They are primarily stichdown construction, so build to last decades, not just a few years (or months).

I chatted with them already about the process and the "fit boot" process is going to end up very costly for the back and forth shipping between EU country and US. So they recommended to go with only the "fit kit" process where they just send me the sheet & instructions how to measure my feet. But they seem like a good choice to go custom with.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
I have a low volume foot with a narrow heel. Fit has always been an issue for me as most shoes in the US are made for a wider foot.

I have found that the Crockett and Jones 341 and 248 lasts fit incredibly well, the later being more elongated. I believe they offer a narrow version in the 341 if needed.

Edward Green’s 82 last is perfection. Unfortunately, you pay for the privilige, so I only have one pair.

Zeltbahn

One of the Regulars
I have a low volume foot with a narrow heel. Fit has always been an issue for me as most shoes in the US are made for a wider foot.

I have found that the Crockett and Jones 341 and 248 lasts fit incredibly well, the later being more elongated. I believe they offer a narrow version in the 341 if needed.

Edward Green’s 82 last is perfection. Unfortunately, you pay for the privilige, so I only have one pair.

I'd probably have luck with C&J but the style of their boots is just not quite what I'm after.
The best fit so far I've got is from Red Wing last 8, blacksmith. Those are the only pair of boots I currently own and the fit is alright. Size US 10 D.

My next plan is to go with Nick's and have boots made to my feet, their current lead time is just 14-16 weeks so it's gonna be a wait but I don't think I'm going to spend over 500 € in boots anymore unless they really fit me really well. Seems impossible with my type of feet (narrow heel, long toes? and low volume I think) if you are after rugged work / military style boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider