Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help dating a old leather jacket

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I picked up up this horsehide jacket last weekend. I'm not sure how old it is, I was thinking maybe 40's. What do you guys think?

horsehidefront2.jpg

horsehidefront1.jpg

Horsehideback.jpg

horsehidelabel.jpg

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Yeah I did...

J. M. Stovall said:
Did you look in all the front pockets for a union label? Both of my 30's leather work jackets have their labels there.

There are the remains of some sort of tag in the left hand-warmer pocket, probably a size tag judging from the shape/size, but no evidence of a union tag

I was able to find out the "Daniel Boone" company was in business 1938-1973. However, I don't really know enough about leather garments to be more specific.

I was hoping somebody might be able to point to details of styling to help date it.

handworn

New in Town
My guess would be 1950s. The vertical-zipper upper pockets and dual-pocket system on each side make this a dead ringer for a late 1950s Sears Fieldmaster I have and an early 1960s Sears Oakbrook (essentially identical to the Fieldmaster) and I wouldn't be surprised if successful designs were regularly copied by other makers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy