Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! I scratched my new G&B goatskin A-2

442RCT

One of the Regulars
Goat is an odd skin. Very soft off the rack. Damages fairly easy, and never wrinkles like a horse or thick steer.
Its like sheerling. Easy to damage, and to me, when it gets such scratches, bums me out. So I think the goat has to get REALLY scratched up or stay perfect to enjoy.
I'm currently breaking in a new goat, so I know how he's feeling. My wife has these damn rose bushes that climb over our driveway and they've taken their toll on my B3 and other garments over the years.
That's why I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an Aero FQHH jacket. Just can't decide WHICH ONE!

My experiences with goat are different than yours, especially in military G-1s, the goat is practically indestructible, even the Cooper goat A-2s I have don't show much wear. As for being soft, not really any softer than horse or cow. I have a G-1 with 20+ years of wear and it fits like a glove, it's molded itself to my body and is like wearing a second skin, but I would never describe it as soft and/or supple.

As for scratches on an expensive jacket, my cat clawed her way up one sleeve and shoulder of my Eastman A-2 climbing up onto a shelf in the closet where it hung. I was not a happy camper when she did that...but got over it. :p

My experiences with goat are different than yours, especially in military G-1s, the goat is practically indestructible, even the Cooper goat A-2s I have don't show much wear. As for being soft, not really any softer than horse or cow. I have a G-1 with 20+ years of wear and it fits like a glove, it's molded itself to my body and is like wearing a second skin, but I would never describe it as soft and/or supple.

As for scratches on an expensive jacket, my cat clawed her way up one sleeve and shoulder of my Eastman A-2 climbing up onto a shelf in the closet where it hung. I was not a happy camper when she did that...but got over it. :p

By "damage" I meant the types of scratches posted above. Like sheerling, it can break open the top layer like human skin more easily than others. Especially when new. Goat is tough, but not cosmetically. That's what I meant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou