Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying Schott??? Jacket.

Ross817

New in Town
This jacket was sold to me online as a Schott Cafe racer. I never had any reason to second guess its provenance until recently when I though about selling it since the biswing is not for me. The only reason I second guess the origin of manufacture is that it says Schott nowhere on the jacket. TBH its not a huge deal as even if I cant ebay it as Schott, its still a killer condition vintage cafe racer. But I would like to have a manufacturer to add to the listing.

As I see nowhere on the jacket that says Schott. Although I see it originally had a zip out liner that has been long removed. None of the snaps have any markings, only the Tag which is pictured and the zippers (YKK on the cuffs and sides and Serval on the main.)

If anyone can aid in any knowledge sharing in this style of jacket would be greatly appreciated.

ChubbMuff

New in Town
I bought a Schott online but checked with Gail before I paid to ensure it was the real deal. She confirmed it was genuine and also said that for a period (mine was made in the '80's) they only put labels on the zip out liners, not the jackets themselves. No liner = no label. By the looks of your jacket it has/had a zip out liner, I imagine where ever the liner is you will also find the label.

robrinay

One Too Many
I think it may be by Lesco who I think were based in NYC and made quality leather goods including jackets and hand bags. I have the same style with a Lesco labelled zip in liner. Interestingly a number of Schott and Lesco jacket designs are similar. I wonder if Schott bought the designs when Lesco folded or whether the designs just evolved in parallel.
There is a brown Lesco cafe racer on eBay of the same design - check the Fedora Lounge vintage finds section for the link.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails