Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me choose my first fur felt!

Hat Head

One of the Regulars
Hat Arrived Yesterday!

100_0713.jpg

100_0714.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0717.jpg

100_0721.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I'm more than a little jealous, Hat Head.

I've meant to add a Christy's to my stack for some time. Hoping for a vintage one for me, but your hat looks great. Good match-up with the suit and tie. Not toooo 'matchy'. I like that!

Hat Head

One of the Regulars
Actually, I wouldn't normally wear this color hat with a grey suit. I had just gotten home from work, the box was sitting there, so I opened it and tried it on and took some pics with the suit I was already wearing. This hat is meant for my earth tone suits and my dark brown overcoat.

I did this entire purchase the wrong way, and it worked out beautifully. I didn't measure my head, just assumed that I was a true "59 cm" or 7 3/8. I didn't ask for any color swatches, just assumed that "maize" was a color that I would like and could use in my wardrobe. I didn't communicate with the vendor at all about ribbon color, just assumed that it would be tasteful.

It all worked. Hat fits perfectly. Color of felt and ribbon is great. For $108 all in, I'm thrilled with the purchase and will probably order another hat from Hornets before the end of the year.

Hat Head

One of the Regulars
Update:

After a week or so of wearing this hat, I love it, and am already thinking of ordering another Christys' hat before the end of the year.

Soft fur felt, light weight, comfortable on the head, and a good number of compliments from people I know and people I pass on the street.

A great hat, and as long as the exchange rate stays right, a great price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto