Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me decide on a new hair color!

What color should my hair be?

• Natural

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blonde

• Red

• Black

• Something else (please specify! :D )

• Total voters

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic: Why not try an herbal hair dye? http://www.herbatint.co.uk/

I'm not sure if you can get this exact stuff in stores in the States, but theres bound to be a product like it. I love it - its absolutely long lasting, it has no smell whatsoever, non-irritating, and won't stain your towels.

Most importantly, I'm sure your little one will approve! :D

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
I think the biggest danger for me these days in relation to any beauty treatment is the hormonally-charged mood swings. If I colored it, I might hate it, even if it looks lovely to everyone else, and do something drastic like shave my head. lol Whatever the health effects are or might be of following through with the coloring, it's still probably best that I wait a few more months and just let it go for now.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Helysoune said:
I think the biggest danger for me these days in relation to any beauty treatment is the hormonally-charged mood swings. If I colored it, I might hate it, even if it looks lovely to everyone else, and do something drastic like shave my head. lol Whatever the health effects are or might be of following through with the coloring, it's still probably best that I wait a few more months and just let it go for now.

How very insightful of you! lol Way to keep your head on right at all times.

At least you have a good reference for when you do want to colour!

PS. The baby's way more exciting, anyway :D

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I like the red but of course I am partial to red. I will warn you of this my hair is bark brown almost black naturally, and I make it red I have to color it ever 3 to 4 weeks because my hair grows so fast. I do it myself and it comes out fine but if I wait much longer than 4 weeks an 18 wheeler could be driven down my part. I would suggest that you only go red if you are very willing to do all of the up keep. If not avoid it. I think your hair would look fabulous in a deep chocolate brown. Close to black but not all the way, just a very deep brown. Clairol makes a 24 wash dye and it works very well when making hair darker. Please let us see pictures when you decide what to do.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Opinions please

I know they're all brown, but humor me :rolleyes:
Here are pics darkest to lightest. I like brown but I can't seem to get it to stay the right shade. It turns red (pic #3) so quickly! For the past few months I've been growing out my natural color which I think will be light brown/dark blonde. You can see a bit of it in my roots on the last pic. Should I keep letting it grow out, go lighter/blondish, or dye it dark again?

3201163407_02609a2ca1_m.jpg
3201163759_8a08be290f_m.jpg
1801279437_e90355faa5_m.jpg
3456797182_2687074a9b_m.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
Darn it Audrey - You are so darn cute in all of them. Honestly I think I like the darker (#1) on you. I am a sucker for dark hair and blue eyes. But I do know the feeling of investing time in letting something to grow out to do something different. Perhaps it is the time to go lighter since you've given your hair a color rest for a while. Let us see what you decide!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
The Shirt - Thanks so much! I know exactly what you mean about preferring dark but also waiting and seeing what happens. That's why I'm so torn.

SayCici - I think it's light brown/dark blonde. I haven't had my natural color since 8th grade so it's hard to be sure. Thanks for the input :)

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I think the red looks beautiful!
Of course, I may be a bit biased as I am thinking of red myself. My problem is I have very dark brown eyebrows, and not thin ones either. I'm afraid it will look cheesy.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
crwritt said:
Of all the choices, black would be the easiest to maintain, and least damaging.
Wouldn't that be leaving it natural? I vote for natural :) it is beautiful and it will always be healthier and shinier (as it is now).

Christy

One of the Regulars
Helysoune- I like the natural, I think the brunette is really pretty!

Audrey- I really like the color of your hair in your avatar.

It must be in the water because I've been thinking about changing my hair color as well! I've gone a whole year of not really liking my hair color. I used to have my hair an unnatural red, and then I decided I wanted to go back to brunette. I wanted a chocolate brunette it came out as almost black. Then I wanted to go to my natural brunette, but it's more of a reddish brunette which is what I have now. I was thinking of changing this brunette for a shade or two darker brunette, but I just can't decide because some days I really like the brunette I have now but other days I want it to be a little darker! I just don't know what coloring would look best on me.

Okay, sorry for the thread hijack! :)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Christy said:
Audrey- I really like the color of your hair in your avatar.
That's the color it is now :) It's the result of not dying it for 4-5 months.

I love your brown by the way. It looks gorgeous on you. I am partial to brown though.

GibsonGirl

New in Town
Your natural shade is lovely and your hair is so shiny and healthy! That being said, if you want to try something new, I think you would make a stunning redhead. Black I think would be too harsh against your fair skin unless you chose a rich deep brown instead and made sure it wasn't too intense (I doubt you want to look "goth" or anything like that) and the icy blonde is soooooooo high maintenance and extremely damaging on the hair. If you did decide to go blonde, I would suggest a darker blonde, something only a few shades lighter than your natural colour to ease your way in. But yes, red red red! I think it would suit you beautifully! A high maintenance colour, yes, but not nearly so damaging as the blonde.

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
I voted "other" because I think you would look fabulous with a tint of darker brown-- I liked the way the "black" hair color photo looked the best but think that maybe dark brown would be even better! :)

zombi

A-List Customer
What about instead of doing an all over change you went for highlights or lowlights or whatever of a warmer colour, to kind of warm your hair overall without doing anything too crazy?

Unless you want crazy, which I am all for...

Audrey -- I think the hair colour in photo no.3 is stunning!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I vote red just becuase you remind me of Judy Garland (only prettier!)~ a rich auburn would be gorgeous.

However, I could definitely see you as a blonde bombshell as well. And if ever there is a time to go blonde, it's when your hair color is all natural.
You have NOTHING on it now, right? You'll get the best results, but will have to do a "virgin application", very important. (If doing an all over blonde)

The black was my least favorite. You have lovely features and I think black would over power them.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've always found that when I "can't decide" about something, it's really a don't do it type of thing. If you don't feel strongly enough that red or blonde or black or whatever color is right for you without someone else "helping" you make the decision, leave it alone. In short, the answer is - if you don't unquestioningly want to do it, what that's telling you is the answer is no.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"You need to go and try a Wig on!" changing Hair colour may demand a totally new wardrobe and make-up $$$$$$$$$$$" I am naturally blonde, which was fine in my twenties, but now, in my 50's looks "Blah" so I darken it to a light brown which gives my face a "Frame", I also have my eyebrows tinted darker , natural, as I was once told "Eyebrows are the "Coat hangers" of the face" ( the shape is natural)

3472453938_620d19b9e6.jpg

kevin_rudd.jpg

"Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd. "Fair Haired; Fifties' and Fatish"

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
I did end up going blonde after all, and it actually turned out pretty well. I've got to get some new pics one of these days to show it, but it's been a few months now and I'm still pleased with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24