Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help me find a hat, i'm new

CigarSmokePhilosopher

New in Town
hey guys my name's cade. i'm a recently converted lurker from oklahoma. :)

I'm of the mind that waking up alive is reason enough to dress up and so far i'm loving what i've found on the site. looks friendly and helpful.

here's my problem right now. i'm looking for a website that sells fedora hats in the 8" size range as i have a large head. so far i've had no luck. please help!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

I'm of the mind that waking up alive is reason enough to dress up and so far i'm loving what i've found on the site. looks friendly and helpful.

here's my problem right now. i'm looking for a website that sells fedora hats in the 8" size range as i have a large head. so far i've had no luck. please help!

Give David Morgan up in washington state a try. He sells Akubra hats from Australia ( which are some of thefinest production hats made anywhere) and are popular here on the Forum ( I own 5) . Most of them are available up to a size 8 and some up to an 8.25 :) They are good folks to deal with and most hats can be delivered within 3/4 days here in the U.S. .

http://www.davidmorgan.com/index.php?cPath=2

Last edited:

Link

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the site from another Oklahoman. :)

I would also recommend David Morgan if they have a hat you like in a color you like. I've bought from them and received my order in about three days.

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Dear Cade,

Welcome to this site!

Have you considered having a hat made? There are some great hat-makers on this site. Drop me a note at mligett@gmail.com, and I'll pass along the names/addresses of some great makers.

Mark

fdwrench

New in Town
It is nice to know there are others that have my problem. I also have a size 8.
I ordered a Stetson Temple from Village Hat Shop. They said that it is a made to order size and will be three or four weeks.
I will call David Morgan tomorrow to see what they can do for me.
Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael