Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find a selvedge jacket?

Rebus

Familiar Face
Are there any decent options out there which don't have handwarmers?
Seems like they are ubiquitous on modern designs.

BigPond

Familiar Face
Are there any decent options out there which don't have handwarmers?
Seems like they are ubiquitous on modern designs.
The Iron Heart 526j has no hand warmers and is a short length cut.

I actually am not an IH advocate. The jackets are fine but the distributor markup is insane. In Japan all the jackets cost $200-300. IH uk doubles this .

People that haven’t been to the IH shop in Japan are often unaware of the markup and believe the high cost of these jackets in foreign markets is an indicator of superior quality.
It isn’t

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good knowledge thanks - I didn't realize that Lee were that expensive!
They didn’t used to be, but then I think they saw what all the hipsters were paying for selvedge denim and decided to get on board.
if you’re OK with hand, warmer pockets and a modern baggy fit, you can get a rider jacket for under $100 from Lee.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
A recent fan of the Brave Star 22oz Gauntlet jacket.

I've had it a week now, and decided to try doing a cold soak, then wearing the jacket until it dried for a form fit - not the most comfortable process, but I think it turned out really nice. The jacket did shrink up a little in the sleeves a just a little in the over-all length, and now fits me really well. It's got some really nice creasing on the sleeves that once it starts to fade, I think will produce some really nice tiger striping.

cx4DPJkh.jpg

H6eEho5h.jpg

4xt7m5Vh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner